Big data, advanced analytics, and cloud computing are fundamentally transforming businesses, and we are at the heart of this revolution. Our charter in the Information Management (IM) organization is to birth the next generation of data management in the cloud, enabling advanced analytics with big data. This is a tremendously compelling mission that we believe will revolutionize the world. And the Azure Data Factory (ADF) service is a critical component of that mission. ADF is a fully managed service that operationalizes and schedules arbitrarily large data flows and transformations. Powerful technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Azure Machine Learning, and other parts of the Cortana Intelligence Suite are easily provisioned and integrated into Data Factory pipelines that process information from a growing number of data sources. Pipeline output feeds into Azure Data Lake, SQL Data Warehouse, and many other analytical stores that provide insights, predictions, and decisions for businesses, schools, government agencies, etc. As evidenced by our many top-tier enterprise customers, Data Factory scales to the largest and most mission-critical big data workflows.
We are seeking a seasoned back-engineer with a solid track record of delivering data transformation algorithms at scale. In this role, you will work with other engineers and be responsible for designing, implementing and testing new features, delighting our customers with top quality and performance. This role participates deeply in all phases of the development cycle (design, development, validation). You will also have rich opportunities to lead and mentor the more junior members of the engineering team.
• 7+ years programming experience in C# OR Java OR Scala.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering, or a related field
• 7+ years software engineering experience shipping high quality customer-facing software
• Significant experience with one or more cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, etc.)
• Familiarity with data integration and big data transformations (e.g. broadcast Join, Accumulators, data and schema drift, data profiling, etc.)
• Working experience with Spark SQL, DataFrame, DataSet, etc.
• Experience designing Data Specification Language and translation into programming languages
• Ability to drive technical challenges that apply to product-wide scope
• Excellent coding skills in one or more modern programming languages
• Working experience with big data tools and platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Azure Data Lake, etc.)
• Superb design skills and problem-solving capability
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables concurrently in a fast-paced environment while delivering with high quality
• Passion for delighting our customers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.