O365 Support is part of the Asia CSS Broad Commercial Support within Microsoft Service that focuses on providing post-sales technical support for Microsoft online services “Office 365” across the Asia Pacific and Greater China Region, where Office 365 is one of the fastest growing service offering of Microsoft. As the SPO Technical Advisor, you’re right within a fast-paced work environment with a first-hand view on how cloud services are evolving in the high growth Asia market. You’ll work with the Cloud escalation team, the Modern support teams in other regions, the backend hosting team, the product group, Field and CPE lead to support customers.
You will be responsible for ensuring the technical readiness and improvement of the customer experience based on customer scenarios of the supplier support staff at sites around the world. You will deliver unique value by influencing supplier support staff in terms of their technical capabilities and case management and by handling emerging issues to improve case progress/wellness towards great Customer and Partner experience.
Hence, if you think you are someone with a proven track record of leadership in high stress situations and dynamic environment, high energy, versatile and have a keen sense of curiosity in knowing what’s next and is looking for your big career challenge at Microsoft, this could be the right role for you – where you can stretch your capability and make significant business impact through driving positive customer experience, while engaging with cutting edge technology & services.
As a Technical Advisor, you will represent Microsoft in supplier communications via phone, email, or web to assist customers in resolving issues involving Microsoft products and services. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships and build vendor/customer loyalty in Microsoft, while effectively managing challenging situations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Possess technical competencies needed to ensure technical readiness of the supplier support staff
- Have excellent communication skills to interact well with others on a regular basis as a part of the role
- Do technical mentoring of others and share technical expertise
- Escalate cases as appropriate and per established guidelines
- Utilize quality management and analysis skills
- Utilize and meet the SDQL (solution delivery quality framework) time frames for case reviews
- Assist with developing training plans for supplier Engineers based on skills gap analysis, product needs, etc.
Making Customers and Partners Successful;
Obsess about and knows the customer:
- Leverages every interaction to identify deeper insights to deliver a perfect service
- Understands the customer's unique business and enables their success with services and solutions
- Customizes language by understanding customers' priorities and what is important to them
Delivers the best customer experience:
- Proposes creative solutions and sets the right expectations for customers
- Acts with conviction and confidence of own technical leadership to deliver a perfect solution that meets each of our customer’s specific needs
- Demonstrates team work with customers and other Microsoft teams
- Uses technical knowledge and industry expertise to influence and develop the right Intellectual Property (IP) to better serve customers
- Solicits and learns from feedback in order to learn, grow, and use their experiences to improve future customer experiences
Growing the Business
Supports & drives growth, consumption & revenue:
- Represents the unique technical knowledge and broad business insight of Microsoft in all interactions
- Engages in customer on-boarding and pre-sales activities to support a One Microsoft and end-to-end Customer lifecycle approach
- Collaborates with GetHelp to facilitate resolution of customer and field related issues when standard support channels fail to satisfy the submitter.
- Earns the right to take part in business discussions by identifying strategic opportunities to impact positively the financial performance of customers and Microsoft
Training & Technical Leadership
Develops & grows:
- Demonstrates a start-up mind-set: identifies opportunities to be creative and innovative
- Owns work life balance by prioritizing work, anticipating issues and risks, delegating where possible and communicating plans with manager
- Owns professional and technical skills development, demonstrating knowledge through solution oriented recommendations to our customers based on their business outcomes
- Helps the organization through community sharing and coaching.
- Stays up to date with the latest features and functionalities of the Microsoft products relevant to his/her area of expertise.
Owns & optimizes technical delivery:
- Improves and innovates by contributing with ideas and feedback to achieve the best service at the optimal cost
- Builds Industry & competitive advantage knowledge and understands current market trends
- Simplifies and scales delivery by driving ideas for automation, flexibility and repeatable services
Collaborates and actively participates in the end-to-end delivery vision:
- Engages in cross-group collaboration across Services and uses communities to build on the work of others
- Seeks and shares customer information and technical tips before, during and after deliveries
- Bachelor’s degree or above required
- Technical Expertise on Microsoft SharePoint/Office client products/SharePoint Online Service; Development experience with Microsoft product would be a plus
- 2+ year of technical support experience and troubleshooting acumen on Microsoft product;
- High proficiency levels in the following competencies:
- Analytical problem solving
- Building customer/partner relationships
- Cross-boundary collaboration especially in virtual team and global environments
- Customer advocacy
- Project management
- Technology expertise
- Candidates must have a customer service attitude, ability to pull together teams of diverse individuals, ability to successfully influence others, strong time management skills, and be a results driven self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including the ability to formulate issues and recommendations clearly and communicate them plainly and directly with stakeholders at all levels; Ability to work effectively under a deadline and in a multiple demand environment required.
- Technical support background or experiencing strongly preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.