Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our customers and to offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation's interests are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. Microsoft Services plays a vital role in empowering our customers' to achieve more.
As a Premier Field Engineer you will serve as a deep technical adviser to customers and deliver extraordinary value by supporting and growing the value and productivity customers receive from using Microsoft Technology. As a vital member of our customer facing team, you will become part of the Microsoft Community and you will be able to draw upon all resources at Microsoft to advise and consult on the use of Microsoft technologies. You will act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing advisory services and advanced problem resolution, including issues raised to the highest levels of management.
As a PFE you will lead by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7, and professionally communicating to all parties involved. You will collaborate with Microsoft Technical Account Managers and Account Teams so that we can figure out the most valuable support delivery services to provide to your customer through the Premier Support contract. Below are some examples of services you can deliver:
Services that promote customer health through Risk Assessments, Health Checks, Code Reviews, or other similar offerings.
Assist customers during their most critical issues.
Participate in engagements that strengthen customer relationships and IT infrastructure & application effectiveness through dedicated support delivery.
Deliver short and time limited engagements focused on a specific need.
Provide technical training to help increase customer ability and knowledge, and to address needs.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Microsoft products, systems development, network operations, and software support or IT consulting
- Demonstrate technical understanding of Microsoft Project Server 2010/2013
- Technical competency with core supporting Microsoft technologies -- SharePoint Server 2010/2013, Windows Server, Internet Information Services and SQL Server
- Deep knowledge and technical experience with:
- Business Intelligence technologies and their deployment particularly in SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services (OLAP), Excel Services, and Secure Store Services.
- EPM supporting technologies like Active Directory Services, Domain Name Services, Clustering, PowerShell, and System Center
- Security authentication/authorization mechanisms to include Kerberos and NTLM
- Experience in:
- Technical support or MIS in an Enterprise environment
- Helping to administer large environments with complex security requirements
- 3-5 years' enterprise Project and Portfolio Management experience
- Strong organization, time management, project management and negotiation skills
- Advanced problem solving and issue resolution skills at the tier 3 or 4 level
- Experience in customer-facing roles with demonstrated capability in clearly presenting thoughts and ideas confidently to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels.
- Demonstrated aptitude for providing extraordinary customer service in politically charged environments.
- Ability to adapt to the customer's changing needs or requirements as they arise.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision as part of a global team of Consultants and Engineers
- Possess real passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, time management skills, and good judgement.
- Excellent overall communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to improve the technical expertise of peers via the development of product related intellectual capital and mentoring new hires.
- Ability to apply knowledge to improve existing products and systems in the customer environment and for internal use.
- Assist in developing strategies to gain additional business by communicating opportunities to sales teams.
- CISSP or Security+ for Public Sector engagements
- Experience in delivering Project Server Administrator training
- Technical familiarity with Project Server 2016 and Project Online
- Passion to learn about emergent Business Intelligence technologies like Datazen
- MCP certification in Microsoft Project
- PMI PMP certification
Education: Minimum bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.
Travel: YOU SHOULD KNOW...
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as required by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 75% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required
Security Clearance: The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.