Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our Public Sector Government customers and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interests are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customers’ objectives through Microsoft products.
Microsoft is seeking a PFE specializing in Active Directory who has embraced the future. Knowing that you have and desire to accept greater challenge, accomplish tasks through others and overcome our customer’s greatest challenges, we desire your deep understanding and ability to deliver timely and creative incident resolution focused on root cause analysis, prevention, and subsequent knowledge transfer. In this customer facing role, you will partner with the Account Delivery team and other engineers to engage technology decision makers striving to understand their challenges and creatively achieve their greatest objectives, built upon proven performance relative to your level. Premier Field Engineers (PFE) serve as deep technical advisors to customers and deliver unique value by supporting and increasing the consumption and productivity of acquired and/or deployed Microsoft technologies. This is a customer facing role that draws upon all resources at Microsoft to advise and consult on the use of Microsoft technologies. PFE act as the primary technical contact, providing advisory services and advanced technical troubleshooting and problem resolution, including issues raised to the highest levels of management. They manage elevated issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
These support services delivered either remotely or on premises include:
* Proactive Services: Services which promote customer health through Risk Assessments, Health Checks, Code Reviews, or other similar offerings.
* Reactive and 24x7 Critical Situations support: Reactive services which address the most critical customer issues.
* Dedicated Support: Engagements that strengthen customer relationships and IT infrastructure & application effectiveness through dedicated support delivery.
* Ad hoc Services: Short and time limited engagements focused towards customer specific issue remediation or support (e.g. Chalk Talks).
* Workshops and Trainings: Technical training which address customer knowledge transfer needs helping customer to consume Microsoft products and services.
A minimum of 5 years of experience with designing, documenting and implementing Active Directory for customer environments, including consolidation and migrations.
* Experience planning and implementing an Organizational Unit (OU) structure, as well as corresponding Group Policy configuration.
* Experience with ADFS and other Federation technologies.
* Understanding security requirements, risks and mitigation strategies of various industries and impacts to solutions, such as internal vs. external threats and mitigation, Pass-the-Hash mitigation and other similar security concerns and STIG or similar baseline lockdowns.
* Experience with reading, interpreting and/or developing Technical specifications, diagrams.
* Ability to work with Leads and/or senior leadership, both internally and customer facing, to develop and communicate solution and technical information in the customer's context.
* Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with Azure Active Directory, O365 and Synchronization of entities between On-Premise and Cloud Directories.
* One or both of the following certifications:
o MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
o MCSA: Windows Server 2016
o Azure Architecture or Implementation Certification
* Understanding of Windows Server, Hyper-V or other virtualization platform, MS Cluster Server/Multi-vendor Cluster and SAN implementations, IIS, Desired State Configuration (DSC), PowerShell scripting.
* Experience with MIM or FIM.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.
Approximately 50% travel will be required for this position.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.