At SKYPE - we make it simple to share experiences - big or small - with the people that matter to you, wherever they are. Our code and work enable software developers in Skype build applications which are used by billions of people. If you are interested in helping improve tools used by thousands of software developers across Microsoft, now we are offering you this chance to join our team!
The VSTS and Artifacts team develops, documents and maintains tooling around continuous integration and release management workflows used by thousands of Skype developers to help them keep track of their work items, code, releases and artifacts. We follow DevOps practices and we develop on Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies to support a wide range of development work. Due to this, we also work with bleeding edge technologies to help our customers.
What we do:
- Create and maintain VSTS-specific extensions and support additional helper tools
- Manage VSTS work item and code configuration, permissions and access policies
- Build a managed experience on release artifact and package publishing, consumption and storage;
- build and maintain tooling responsible for third-party and open-source software consumption
- Gather data and provide insights on tool and process usage
- Deploy our own tools on Azure-based technologies
- Demonstrated experience on programming languages such as C#, Java or Python
- Good working knowledge of build, test and software release systems
- Experience using agile software development technologies; ability to write clean, maintainable and tested code
- Excellent written and spoken English (other languages a plus) and good communication skills
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams in a fast-paced environment
- Azure experience is a plus, either in management or development
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems is a plus
- Experience of REST APIs and backend development is a plus
- Understanding of Internet protocols, Internet services and standards (main principles)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.