Expedia is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with a brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. Collectively, the Expedia Group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning and booking travel. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers across a diverse range of tastes and budgets.
Mobile is a key strategic area of growth for Brand Expedia with Mobile App ecosystems outpacing industry growth. Do you want to work with a passionate team driving Expedia's growth and innovation on chat apps ecosystems? Do you love being on the cutting edge of new technology?
This exciting new role based in Tokyo will be responsible for planning, developing and executing Expedia’s strategy on mobile app ecosystems in its biggest Asian market. Specifically, you will be leading and optimizing Expedia's presence on LINE's app ecosystem in Japan and ensuring all growth opportunities are improved and executed accordingly.
As a Senior Marketing Manager, you will work very closely with Product, Engineering and local teams providing end-to-end program management of Expedia’s marketing efforts on LINE and other app ecosystems. Through dynamic experimentation, you are responsible for optimizing marketing spend and campaigns. You will also explore new and innovative ways to enhance Expedia's presence on LINE ensuring our followers have the best possible experience throughout their traveler journey. You will develop a growth strategy focused both on local and regional opportunities and the ability to scale globally.
This role will report into Brand Expedia's Global Head of Mobile Marketing and Apps Ecosystems.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for planning, executing and managing marketing spend and merchandising activities on messaging app ecosystems.
- Lead and further develop our relationships in the market with key messaging apps at different levels of their organization.
- Work with Product and Engineering to scope requirements, size out new opportunities and collaboratively decide on road map.
- Provide ongoing market insights and trends on new mobile ecosystems emerging around the world with a key focus in Asia and its relevance to Expedia business.
- Conduct research to identify new ways in which Expedia's native app can continue to grow its number of downloads and monthly active users.
- Utilize data to measure and report performance on agreed metrics with our messaging apps partners in Asia Pacific.
- You will develop a detailed marketing plan, business case and monitor progress of new app ecosystems.
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement product features that meet Expedia's and partners' business objectives.
- Fully lead programs and projects from inception to delivery, and occasionally maintenance as specified within approved program and project plans.
- Develop support documentation including risk logs and requirement specifications that allows us to drive the right business objectives and key results
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Business Administration
- 7+ year's work experience with at least 3 in direct-response customer acquisition and performance marketing
- Deep analytical skills and strong business acumen translating in an ability to turn complex data analysis into exec-level insights
- Familiar with the key principles of performance marketing
- Excellent critical thinking and execution skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Robust project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Excel (required) and SAS or SQL (preferred)
- Fluent in Japanese and English
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-JS1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.