We’re powering the continuous economy by building the world’s first end-to-end system for automated software delivery.
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with over 500 employees in more than15 countries working together to enable companies to transform to DevOps - the new way of delivering software. Since every company in the world is now a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices and the cloud, the CloudBees solutions will become the most mission-critical system in the modern enterprise. As today’s clear leader in CI/CD, CloudBees is uniquely positioned to define and lead the DevOps transformation. In order to do so, we are expanding our product and engineering organization. That means opportunities for talented engineers like YOU!
CloudBees was founded in 2010 by open source veterans from JBoss and RedHat. We quickly became the home of enterprise Jenkins when we joined forces with the Jenkins project. Jenkins is the world’s most widely deployed, flexible and capable CI/CD software platform, with an estimated 2,530,000 installations and an extensive ecosystem of over 1,500 plugins.
Since its founding, CloudBees has grown to serve over 500 customers of its CI/CD software solutions. We have recently acquired CodeShip, a leading vendor of CI/CD as a Service solutions, to broaden the options we provide to the market. CloudBees is now rapidly expanding our offerings to include innovative new capabilities for software release orchestration, by acquiring Electric Cloud in April 2019. We continue to add functionality for software delivery governance, visibility and insights, while also quickly evolving our architecture to take advantage of the latest cloud delivery technologies and practices. These new capabilities are being integrated into a new end-to-end system, The CloudBees Suite.
The CloudBees product and engineering organizations include some of the world’s most respected contributors to the tools, languages and practices behind modern software development. Because CloudBees is a distributed company, it’s also been able to draw on a global talent pool and maintain a very high bar for intellect, technical skill and work culture. Nearly every Bee has chosen to work at CloudBees because of a personal conviction of the transformative power of continuous delivery practices in every function in software development, and every Bee has been actively chosen for being amongst the best at what they do in the world. This leads to a sense of shared mission and mutual respect that makes CloudBees a truly special place to work.
In our current expansion of the product and engineering organization, we are seeking both to augment our world-class team with some key additional roles that are new and required for our next phase, as well as additional capacity in roles that are already well established at the company. No matter what you do in and around software development, if you believe in continuous delivery and you are world class at what you do, there is likely a role for you.
About the Team
The Cloud CD group at CloudBees is responsible for the Jenkins X open source project, along with integrating Jenkins X into the CloudBees product. The build systems group also operates the elastic build infrastructure for CloudBees CodeShip.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and articulate priorities and goals to your team
- Oversee agile sprint ceremonies for our two-week sprints, including planning, retrospectives, and demos
- Hire and retain top talent for your team
- Ensure stability of our SaaS offerings, including overseeing a robust incident response system
- Work closely with your product leadership team, including product management and product marketing, to ensure that new products and features are successfully launched into the market and achieve their goals for awareness, adoption and revenue
- Continuously communicate status and plans for new product and feature delivery and Go-To-Market activities across the organizations
- Identify and drive resolution of roadblocks and issues that impact the success of new product and feature delivery
- Provide leadership for a high-performing software engineering team including
- Performance appraisal and feedback
- Setting goals and establishing metrics and accountability
- Coaching and mentoring
- Career growth guidance/assistance
- Facilitation of knowledge and expertise sharing among team members
- Mediation and conflict resolution
What The Role Requires
- Demonstrated success in leading engineering management across organizations of 10 or more people
- Experience working with remote teams spanning North America and Europe
- Hands on experience with developer tools
- Familiarity with modern software development practices including agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery, open-source
- Experience in coordinating activities across all software functions including engineering, product management, product marketing, support, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Talent for leading through influence and inspiring high achievement
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- High-functioning remote-first culture with a diverse team of co-workers located around the world
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
fair pay, recognition,
respect and yoga pants.
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.