Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the team behind the cloud. MCIO is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security & compliance, operations, globalization and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Be direct quality interface with suppliers of electro-mechanical components to Microsoft and its manufacturing partners
• Ownership of Supplier Quality manual and Product Specific Quality Plans
• Implement quality metrics to drive end-to-end continuous improvement, provide continuous feedback and report documentation to design and NPI organizations on the status of all supplier product performance
• Utilize root cause analysis to effect product or process changes required to increase product yield and reliability. Initiate and manage the Supplier Corrective Action process (CAPA / 8D).
• Ensure that suppliers have developed and executed manufacturing quality control plan (Quality Plan) to insure compliance of product to all established specifications.
• Review all new product introductions FAI to determine supplier’s capability to produce product to specifications. Review and approve new part and supplier additions by assuring that suppliers and parts have been properly validated.
• Identify and review critical sub-tier suppliers’ quality control plans to ensure outgoing quality performance meeting Microsoft targets.
* Business travel required - frequency could be up to 20-40%
• Able to communicate effectively in written and oral manner, so that all stakeholders have clear understanding of issues and metrics
• Able to maintain a broad perspective, and identify and evaluate opportunities to enhance the business through cross-group collaboration.
• Creates a vendor engagement model, evaluates vendor readiness, and captures vendor knowledge for use across the product line.
• Has deep understanding of electro-mechanical manufacturing technologies and processes
• Demonstrates in depth knowledge and expertise in all areas of quality and reliability
• Can use and apply complex statistics to evaluate product reliability and highlight potential product risks
• Can identify and apply successful strategies and drive implementation improvements to engineering methods and quality practices across the supplier’s product or process portfolio.
• Has strong communication and project management skills Qualification / Experience Required:
• Fluency in English and Mandarin
• Direct ODM factory management experience, preferably in cloud/enterprise product area
• 10-15 years in operations or quality position with organization focused on electrical or mechanical component manufacturing
• Experienced in PFMEA and Quality Control Plan.
• Bachelor degree in manufacturing operations or engineering discipline. Master’s Degree is a plus
• ASQ certification as Quality or Reliability Engineer along and expertise with quality tools such as DFx, DoE, FMEA, SPC, CPk, and measurement systems analysis, Six Sigma & ISO 9000 • 6-sigma GB/BB certified