The Senior VAT Analyst will work in a dynamic tax environment and will be an integral member of the EMEA Indirect Tax team at Expedia. You will support the team on VAT/GST advisory projects across all Expedia brands including reviewing new business initiatives, researching/implementing new legislation, improving controls and processes, and collaborating with other Tax, Legal, Accounting, and Finance team members.
You should have experience in assisting with international indirect tax projects and tax planning. The ability to perform and review research, work effectively with outside advisors and with internal business units is expected. Professional demeanour and excellent communication skills are required, as is the ability to work independently, facilitate meetings, and problem solve effectively.
You will support the Indirect Tax team with the following:
- Teaming with the International Indirect Tax, International Direct Tax, and Transfer Pricing teams on international tax projects
- Working closely with Legal, Accounting, Finance, and business teams to provide operational guidance and mitigate indirect tax risks
- Reviewing new business initiatives and contracts
- Tracking and communicating changes in indirect tax laws and regulations
- Assisting with international indirect tax audits/queries
- Assisting with internal audits and drafting/implementing tax policies and controls
- This position requires relevant experience in the international indirect tax area
- Experience working in a public accounting firm or large corporation required
- Experience with e-commerce, technology or travel industry preferred but not required
Who you are
- Proven technical skills within the area of indirect tax
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to team effectively with others
- Can you demonstrate the ability to use tax knowledge and previous experience to add value and assist in meeting the department's objectives while working in a dynamic, team oriented, rapidly changing, and fast-growing organization? We need our new team member to have all of these skills!
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or law preferred
- ACA/CTA or equivalent preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.