In the role of Director of HR, candidate will have the opportunity to provide deep HR expertise in support of the Sr. HR Leaders who report up through the Endoluminal and Product Enabling Functions. These leaders report directly to the Chief Product Officer. This position will provide human capital centered thought leadership and strategic solutions to address business challenges of the Global Endoluminal organization as well as the enabling functions for the Product Organization (Core Technology, Product Management Office, User Experience, Core Technology and Technical Services). Partnering with the Vice President of HR and the HR support structure, HR CoE’s (Centers of Expertise), Shared Services, and HR Solutions, you will proactively deliver initiatives and insight that drive/sustain human performance.
Role and Responsibilities:
Candidate will serve as an HR leader who consults with client group leadership by providing talent-related business decision support, diagnostic and reactive analytics, human capital strategies, and organizational design support and change management. They will be the driver of solution development and deployment to support the talent strategies and needs. Focus centered solutions will need to address the needs of the business while considering broader implications within the overall enterprise. As a trusted advisor, the Director will design and deliver talent strategies that enable business success in alignment with corporate/functional group objectives and facilitating team assessments and interventions that enable high performance and organizational health.
- Build a strong consultative relationship with senior executives, such that you are viewed as a trusted advisor and sounding board.
- Proactively collaborate with client group leaders and the HR team to translate business needs into impactful talent strategies and solutions that address the needs of the business while considering the broader implications.
- Partner with the extended HR team and client group leaders to drive implementation of strategies and programs, measure and track success and proactively drive improvement.
- Serve as a thought leader for the client groups on leadership expectations, culture, team performance and organizational design.
- Applies complex business information and analytics for effective decision making.
- Partner with Endoluminal Business Unit and Product Enabling Executive leaders to ensure employee experience and performance is aligned with Intuitive’s culture and business objectives.
- Develop and implement talent initiatives to optimize organizational health and effectiveness to deliver strong employee engagement
- In partnership with the business, establish and implement workforce plans to support the business objectives.
- Lead, develop, champion, and promote change in the workplace that is aligned to the company strategy and culture, building employee and organizational support and commitment.
- Uses expertise to shape cultural norms that optimize people and business performance.
Skills & Abilities:
- Position will need to influence and negotiate with the HR Leadership Team (HRLT), Centers of Expertise (CoEs), Shared Services, HR Solutions, Business Unit leadership (SVP/VP), and other business partners as necessary (e.g., Goal Setting, Difficult Feedback, Organizational Change, Management Coaching/Messaging, Human Capital Plans, Organizational transitions, etc.).
- Ability to drive HR activities and programs through a matrixed support model.
- Experience as an organizational leader with strong business acumen.
- Ability to draw from a broad range of sources: synthesize disparate pieces of information and relate them to the business issues at hand.
- Will often need to assess questions in the moment and provide insights, but also recognize that through their relationship/credibility defer when a definitive decision cannot be given.
- Ability to generate and apply novel solutions to inspire individual, team and organizations in new directions to support the business.
- Proactive collaboration with the global HR team and demonstrated ability to impact and influence to achieve business and organizational objectives.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to support recommendations through data and analysis.
- Ability to remain focused with strong attention to detail and deliver exceptional quality work.
- Ability to take a systems view outside the function and across the BU/company .
- Successful experience managing HR programs and projects.
- Exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build trust, credibility, and strong, productive relationships.
- Proven ability to work positively, collaboratively, and professionally within a team and across a global organization.
- Ability to drive change, think strategically and operationally.
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment; will be expected to use sound business judgement both in the moment as well as recognizing when others need to be involved in the decision-making process.
- Familiarity and comfort in working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in working and communicating across cultures.
- Relevant industry experience a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally approximately 20% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors (BS/BA) in Business Management, Human Resources, or related field is required
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience; of which 8+ years as an HRBP or in client-facing capacity (with progressive Executive level client group engagement (responsibilities).
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : 25% of the time