Deloitte is one of the largest professional services firms, which means that we touch nearly every aspect of business.
Deloitte employs more than 100,000 people in the United States across its Audit & Assurance, Risk and Financial Advisory, Consulting and Tax practices. Our range of services and depth of resources create the potential to make an impact through most any career. Right now, our professionals are working closely with organizations that enable social change, spark disruptive technologies, fund cures for diseases, implement sustainability solutions, prevent identity theft, foster inclusive cultures, enhance trust in the capital markets, and a lot more.
At Deloitte, we know it’s essential for our people to be comfortably and authentically themselves. We are committed to being a place where our people feel like they belong and can succeed by recruiting, developing, and promoting a diverse workforce while providing unique opportunities and career paths for our people.
Technology is transforming tax. Deloitte’s Financial Services Tax Transformation practice is at the forefront of this movement, using our extensive and growing portfolio of enterprise‐class, proprietary applications to advise leading financial services organizations on process, data analytics, technology, and automation.
Work You’ll Do
As a Manager on our team, you will:
* Collaborate with tax subject matter specialists to envision and design new features and products,
* Collaborate with software developers to develop and deploy features and products,
* As an integral part of client engagement teams, oversee internal Deloitte tax team members and client users to plan and execute on optimal application configurations and usage,
* Provide day‐to‐day management of multiple engagements, interacting directly with clients and Deloitte teams,
* Supervise national teams in both our U.S. and U.S.‐India office,
* Mentor and develop consultants, senior consultants, and interns—providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance,
* Actively participate in marketplace pursuits such as meeting with prospective clients and demonstrating our technology portfolio, and
* Manage the operations and economics of projects.
Our Financial Services Tax Transformation practice serves the full spectrum of financial services sectors including banking, private equity, hedge funds, real estate funds, mutual funds, and insurance companies. Our national team is part of the National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) practice within Deloitte Tax LLP which is made up of a series of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation—all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work‐hard/play‐hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business‐related field
* 5+ years’ experience in financial services tax compliance: banking, private equity, hedge funds, real estate funds, mutual funds, fund of funds, and insurance companies
* Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* One of the following accreditations obtained:
* Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
* If not CPA eligible:
* Licensed attorney
* Enrolled Agent
* 5+ years’ Big 4 experience using tax technology in financial services tax compliance: banking, private equity, hedge funds, real estate funds, mutual funds, fund of funds, and insurance companies
* Minor or coursework in management information systems or data analytics
* Proven leadership managing virtual teams including out of country offshore teams
* Experience working in a fast‐paced, team environment
* Mastery of Alteryx, Tableau, Qlik.
* Experience presenting to clients or other decision‐makers for purposes of project delivery or sales pursuits
* Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem‐solving, and decision‐making abilities
* Advanced Excel capabilities
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships
* Ability to thrive with competing priorities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.