Waters Corporation is the world's leading specialty measurement company focused on improving human health and well-being through the application of high-value analytical technologies and industry leading scientific expertise. They offer:
Waters is seeking a high performing and dynamic contributor to fill the role of a LC/MS Account Managers in the San Francisco District This person will have the exciting opportunity to work in conjunction with our territory account managers and market managers to drive sales for our line of MS and LC/MS instruments focusing on vertical markets in the academic, government, environmental and pharma/biopharma space.
The desired candidate should be highly self-motivated to develop and implement a territorial business plan, while working in unison with their sales and marketing colleagues in order to deliver a strong call cycle and business development activities. The foundation of this role is to develop a keen understanding of the customers' needs to design solutions with lasting and meaningful impact.Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Maintain installed-base customer satisfaction and grow new business in all assigned vertical markets
- Aggressively develop new prospects and penetrate competitive accounts
- Regularly visit customers to highlight Waters solutions and help customers with any technical obstacles in their way
- Build technical competency on Waters solutions and to be perceived by customers as a credible resource
- Be able to present both product fundamentals and advanced MS theory in a compelling way to connect with customers looking to expand their MS capabilities.
- Maintain current knowledge on vertical markets dynamics, application trends, and other critical business information
- Paint a picture of an accurate growing pipeline and activity log using our internal CRM
- Provide information to marketing team to create business development programs
- Fully utilize of our Sales Contact Management Tools and Applications
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts
- Develop business through monthly plan of action
- Bachelors Degree, Masters, or PhD in scientific area such as chemistry, biology, or biochemistry
- 5+ years of MS and/or LC/MS experience, LC field sales and/or marketing is a plus
- Occasional overnight travel required
- Action oriented and driven to achieve results
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized / well-prepared / time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener
- Mature disposition, positive attitude and strong sense of commitment
- Adaptive to a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Strong technical background in analytical technologies, especially MS and LC/MS
This territory covers the San Francisco Bay Area and surrounding areas. The candidate is ideally located close to an urban center within the territory. Travel to visit customers is expected and occasional travel outside of the district for training and meetings.Company Description
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.