Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is a remote position. Our office is in Bengaluru, but we offer flexibility for eligible candidates to work remotely across India. Whatever your preference - working from home, an office, or in between - you can choose the place that's best for your work and your lifestyle.
Your future team
To help our teams work together effectively, you will be fully remote, but would require you to be located in India
We're looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team, focused on delivering creative improvements for our engineering teams.
You'll be part of the Search Platform and report to an Engineering Manager. Search Platform powers the search engine behind Atlassian products. The team is tasked with the mission to provide reliable Infrastructure, a consistent user experience while improving the accuracy of results. As Atlassian client base grows in number and content volume for clients grow, search is becoming an ever exciting and challenging engineering domain.
What you'll do
- 8+ years of experience designing and building a production-level large-scale web application.
- Design build and maintain APIs and backend microservices in Java
- You are comfortable conducting code reviews and giving feedback to ensure of code maintainability and extensibility
- Address complex problems at both an application and system level
- Proven expertise in building high-available, resilient, scalable, low latency services in distributed architecture.
- Experience with building platforms and frameworks that are used by other developers.
- Experience building a service from the ground up – be product-focused, driving the design, development, and implementation in order to turn a user's pain-points into simple and elegant solutions that are loved.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and/or Microservices.
- Hands-on experience building an Atlassian plugin of any size.
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Experience with Maven plugin development.
- Experience in TDD techniques & Continuous Integration.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team