Expedia Group’s Global Marketing Communications team is dedicated to developing and executing innovative and effective global marketing across our family of brands. Within this organization, the Creative team is Expedia Group’s center of creative excellence, and is responsible for developing high-impact, iconic and culturally relevant creative for consumer marketing, content, and experiences across all our brands. As a Senior Copywriter, you will play a critical role in defining our creative vision and execution.
What You’ll Do
- Conceive and execute campaigns, produce creative assets, and develop ideas for how our brands value propositions and positioning comes to life
- You will partner across the company—with brand strategists, product and technology professionals, producers, customer engagement specialists and more—to develop a deep understanding of our brands
- You will help lead and mentor the creative team
- Collaborate with a Senior Art Director partner to concept ideas and help lead and direct projects
- Leverage insights that solve strategic problems
- Guide writing to craft meaningful and inspiring work
- Present work to senior creative leadership and executives
- Evangelize for the power of great creative work to shift perception and drive results
- Work with external partners and agencies, as well as a global team
- Ideal candidates can work flexibly and fluidly, build trust with others, and see the big picture while keeping an eye on every detail
Who You Are
- You have (7+ years) as a Copywriter in agency or in-house environments; experience with global lifestyle or cultural-impact brands preferred
- Deep craft experience in your creative field with highly developed ability to develop strategic thinking and write creative concepts that result in compelling campaigns and creative work
- Ability to help guide writing, whether through external agencies, freelance vendors, or internal production resources, ensuring best-in-class work is delivered on time and within budget
- Experience developing ideas and assets across all platforms and channels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver presentations that articulate ideas in a compelling manner to build acceptance and support
- Proven record of working successfully with cross-functional groups, both internally and externally, in fast-paced environments with changing direction
At Expedia Group, we believe in bringing people together and creating an inclusive workplace where everyone belongs and can do their best work. We care about our employees’ safety and well-being, so we’re requiring new hires in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status before their start date as a condition of employment. Expedia Group will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is lifeatexpediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.