At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
A motivated and high-energy Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst who will help provide financial support as well as accurate and timely management information to Carvana’s leadership team. Reporting to the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis, you will also be responsible for assisting the development and maintenance of the FP and A process to collect, analyze, verify, and report financial information.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in Carvana’s financial planning cycles
- Support consolidation and creation of departmental reporting
- Internal management reporting and variance analysis support
- Monthly business performance reviews support
- Headcount and personnel cost tracking and modeling support
- Develop and maintain forecast models as needed to support company planning
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Close collaboration with Accounting, Financial Reporting team, and department leaders
- Other ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a corporate finance environment
- BA / BS degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Strong financial modeling skills are a must, together with demonstrated capabilities building financial forecasts
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong analytical abilities and highly motivated to learn quickly
- Ability to collaborate among multiple business units
- Analytical mindset with ability to present data in a structured and informative way
- Professional and accountable work ethic
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Experience supporting technology teams
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Strong system skills with preference towards Oracle, Host Analytics, Workday and Tableau
- Proficiency with SQL
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.