Do you enjoy building new client relationships to grow an already existing and successful federal tax practice? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by having the right people on your team to combine tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives, including for the additional business you bring in? We are looking for a sharp, analytical Federal Senior Tax Manager to join the Business Tax Services practice who is ready to assist in growing and maintaining the largest tax group within Deloitte.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Tax Manager within the Business Tax Services group, you will identify effective tax solutions for new and existing clients in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
• Identifying client needs and leveraging Deloitte’s range of services and extensive resources to meet those needs and cross sell among various lines of service.
• Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including federal tax planning, accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
• Managing engagement profitability, billings to clients, and engagement team resources.
• Assisting with drafting and presenting proposals to new and existing clients.
• Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client’s business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
• 10+ years’ experience in federal taxation
• Proven ability to grow and manage a book of business, and a solid reputation as a subject matter expert within federal tax
• Solid understanding and experience with federal tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Excellent presentation and communications skills
• Solid management experience
• Able to travel up to 25%
• Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
• Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html