Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Location:GBR01: Harlow, Essex, Kao One, Kao Park, Harlow, CM179NA, United Kingdom
SYSTEM SAFETY ENGINEER
All projects must demonstrate that the systems they deliver are acceptably safe. This is achieved through the creation of a Safety Case based on hazard analysis. Hazard analysis and the assembly of Safety Cases is undertaken by Project Safety Engineers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparation and maintenance of Safety Management Plans
• Hazard Identification and Hazard Analyses
• Preparation and maintenance of Hazard Logs
• Preparation and maintenance of Safety Cases
• Developing artefacts to support the Safety Case
• Derivation of safety requirements and safety integrity levels
• Provision of safety input to project and design reviews
• Provision of safety assurance to other projects, including auditing
• Management of safety activities undertaken by other organisations and acceptance of the safety deliverables
• Performance to budget and schedule
• Provision of support to bid and proposal activities, including generation of estimates for safety aspects of the programme
Education and Experience Summary
• Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computing or other relevant subject
• Proven experience in an engineering discipline
• Experience in safety engineering
• Experience of working to Def Stan 00-056, Def Stan 00 055, IEC61508 or similar standards.
• IT literate
• Chartered engineer
• Environmental experience and working with Def Stan 00 051 or ASEMS POEMS
Demonstrable Experience and Knowledge
• Track record in producing safety cases acceptable to the customer and/or regulator
• Experience of safety-related projects, preferably including software
• Wide appreciation of safety standards and design/implementation techniques for safety
• Engineering lifecycle
• Commercial awareness
• Strong people skills and able to work with staff at all levels
• Good communicator (verbal and written)
• Able to lead reviews and workshops
• Pragmatic and flexible
• Motivated, energetic, persuasive, and confident
• Team player, but prepared to challenge the views of others where they could jeopardise the safety case
• Prepared to travel and work abroad for short periods
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days with 5yrs service) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies including enhanced maternity & shared parental leave.
- Our Forward Steps initiative and Volunteering policy supports up to 5 paid volunteering days to help you give back to your community.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays, however with a Hybrid working model, managers are empowered to consider flexible working approaches to their teams
- Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the potential opportunities.
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms