The Worldwide Learning team at Microsoft is learner obsessed, and our mission is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and aligned for measurable business impact. Learning is a critical lever to accelerate Microsoft’s growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, achieve success, and thrive. We believe easily accessible learning is an essential part of a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
Within Worldwide Learning, the Employee & Future Skilling team develops and leads cross-segment, role-based learning programs focused on increasing Microsoft employee skills, to measurably accelerate business performance. Our team delivers learning programs to over 100,000 employees at Microsoft.Responsibilities
In your role as Director of Future Skilling Programs, you will manage a team of professionals that are responsible for designing, developing and measuring technology skilling programs for students (K12 and Higher Ed). You will work across various organizations at Microsoft to develop a cross company strategy that involves determining Microsoft’s touchpoints with students when it comes to developing technology skills. You will also work with product teams to help determine the most impactful offers for students and professors to leverage. Curating learning content and delivering to students through professors, sites that students visit, and Microsoft Learn will be critical aspects of the plan – as well as rationalizing all of the existing programs that touch students today.
You will manage a team of professionals and coach them as they deliver excellent programs and as they build their own skills and career. Quality, simplicity and data are critical aspects of managing this team and their work. Because our company is dynamic, the ability to manage through change and ambiguity is critical.
Core responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing strategy in partnership with senior stakeholders across the company
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate with product engineering teams
- Coaching, recruiting and retaining a strong team
- Building learning programs that involve curating and building learning content
- Measuring impact and continuous improvement of learning programs
- Driving business reviews and planning
- Enabling a diverse and inclusive environment where people can do their best work
- 5+ years running large teams
- 5+ years of building programs, products and/or content for students
- 5+ years of experience working with executives to set expectations and provide ongoing communications (tracking progress, providing data, analytics, and resolving issues).
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing and/or product management for students
- Demonstrated expertise collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups to deliver global solutions.
- Understanding of financial planning processes and tools including basic understanding of operational and human resource related costs.
- Effective analytical and project management skills, to deliver on time and on budget.
- Attention to detail while addressing the needs of competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.