Job Locations: Plano, TX, Dallas, TX, Purchase NY, New York, NY
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with more than $79 Billion in Net Revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generate more than $1 Billion in annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, located around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals.
We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Winning with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the opportunities it holds, visit pepsico.com.
Digital Products and Services at PepsiCo
The Digital Evolution is critical to driving PepsiCo’s ambitions around being FASTER, STRONGER, and BETTER. The Digital Products & Services team designs, builds, and stands up digital solutions across the value chain, that are embedded into business processes to optimize efficiency, reduce costs, and maintain high ROI. Guided by PEPSICO’s global priorities, the Digital Products & Services team create user-centric digital products that can be scaled globally by leveraging the leading technologies, advanced analytics algorithms and latest user research.
Principal Software Engineer
The Principal Software Engineer will play a pivotal role in software development activities and long-term initiative planning and collaboration across the Strategy & Transformation (S&T) organization. Software Engineering is the cornerstone of scalable digital transformation across PepsiCo’s value chain. This leader will deliver the end-to-end software development experience, deliver high quality software as part of the DevOps process, and have accountability for our business operations.
The leader in this role will be an individual contributor and provide technical oversight and direction to our software development team to ensure we deliver the best possible software solutions and ensure they are generating value through cost savings or incremental value. This leader will work closely with the user experience, product, IT, and process engineering teams to develop new products and prioritize deliver solutions across S&T core priorities.
- Support the vision and guide a team of engineers to build and support digital products and services (DPS) across S&T core priorities
- Drive partnerships with User Experience, Product Management, IT, Data & Analytics, Emerging Tech, Innovation, and Process Engineering teams to deliver the Digital Products portfolio
- Develop software development strategy utilizing industry standards. Create roadmap and timing of implementation of the roadmap based on business requirements and strategy.
- Lead multi-discipline, high-performance work teams distributed across remote locations effectively. Build, manage, develop, and mentor a team of engineers.
- Interact with executives across the company to lead the narrative around software engineering
- Develop and expand DPS capabilities through a customer obsessed, services-driven digital solutions platform that leverages data and AI to deliver automated and personalized experiences
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Interact with key business partners to recommend solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business
- Note:- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
- 3+ years of experience on architecting fault tolerant, high scale distributed systems
- Commanding knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Expertise in Java and Spring / SpringBoot ecosystem, JUnit , BackEnd MicroServices, Serverless Computing, Creating REST API’S
- Full stack engineering experience
- Experience with Azure Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and cloud specific PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with high throughput cloud native distributed systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Deep knowledge of design patterns
- Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized
- Ability to run a large team of software engineers
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to be able to interface with the business and recognize their needs and priorities
- Ability to work cross functionally with product, service design and operations across the organization
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to Engineering services, education, and support
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to navigate through a complex and matrixed internal environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units
- Ability to navigate a complex organization and to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement