Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 192348
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
• Manages supply chain of high value, complex direct materials to support business requirements: may include purchase order management, sourcing, contract negotiations, spend analysis, inventory management, and supplier performance management.
• Mentors other buyers within the purchasing team and may lead cross-functional commodity team and/or have supervisory responsibilities.
• Identifies and drives key procurement initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership within assigned commodity team: o Prioritizing commodity team projects. o Ensuring commodity team achieves goals. o Identifying and completing risk mitigation and cost reduction projects. o Managing capacity growth o Leveraging knowledge of commodity trends to drive strategies.
• Contract Management o Establish contractual agreements for new partners and revise existing agreements to align with changes to Intuitive’s contract strategy o Establish long term volume pricing, risk mitigation, and capacity agreements with key suppliers to support Intuitive’s volume growth
• Review, administer, and manage long-term purchase order and delivery commitments to designated suppliers as necessary to support production and/or sales requirements within the business.
• Reviews, interprets, and communicates material demand forecast and manages capacity planning for assigned commodity groups and/or supplier relationships.
• Leads alignment of production supplier requirements and sourcing strategies with those of new product development (NPI) for designated suppliers/commodities to ensure uninterrupted material availability, alignment of risk, and cost goals with long term vision for the commodity / business.
• Owns performance management and improvement efforts for designated suppliers, including leading supplier business reviews.
• Utilizes lean sourcing principles (kanban, consignment, and other similar material pull methods) to support manufacturing plants with achieving 100% material availability and optimizing on-hand inventory.
• Embraces continuous improvement techniques to drive toward attainment of key purchasing metrics (supplier on-time delivery, quality, risk management, inventory velocity, and cost reduction).
• Support Intuitive’s Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) program. Leads complex cross-functional projects to mitigate risk, improve quality, and/or reduce cost within assigned supply base, including management of change cut-ins.
• Leverages problem solving skills and develops counter-measures to implement long-term solutions to identified problems.
• Mentors colleagues within the supply chain organization. Identifies process and training improvement opportunities and drives closure of identified gaps.
• Co-lead direct procurement supplier selection process with collaboration from Supplier Engineering. Leverages best practice supplier selection techniques to identify a core supply base able to offer lowest total cost of ownership and high quality product.
• Cost and contracting o Leads construction of sustainable year over year annual cost reduction plan to achieve corporate initiative plan for designed suppliers/parts and/or commodity team. o Leads creation, negotiation, and management of commercial agreements – covering cost, quality, and delivery terms. o Establishes database of current and future volume price quotes to support spend analytics and establish pricing controls for plant buyers o Monitors actual PO pricing compliance to volume pricing agreementQualifications
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.