Audit Supervisor - Global Banking (JR-22056189)
Audit Supervisor - Global Banking (JR-22056189)
The role sits within the AMRS Global Banking and Markets Corporate Audit team at an AVP level and involves working closely with the teams in the APAC, EMEA and LATAM regions.
The role involves playing a lead role in the audits of Global Banking front office. We expect the individual to work as an individual contributor or as an Auditor In-charge on regional / global audits and conduct testing independently but maintain ongoing interaction with the other regional audit team. In particular:
- Develop an audit plan (e.g. audit scope, audit test plans) based on detailed evaluation of process/business risks & controls. Perform high-quality audit test execution. Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the projects’ objectives and planned audit approach. Engage with business stakeholders to agree on potential issues / control gaps. Drafts quality and timely audit reports supporting audit opinions and share results with audit and business leaders. Direct and mentor junior team members. Ensure timely completion of audits.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence. Stay informed of current economic developments, applicable regulations, risk, processes, and controls relevant to Global Banking incl. M&A, Equity/Debt Capital Markets and Corporate Broking/Sponsor Business.
- Exercise critical and out of box thinking, analytical skills and professional judgment to influence business partners, senior business managers and peers. Help business partners to balance their business strategy with appropriate risk management controls.
- Work in a very detailed manner as well as look broadly across a population and develop connections and themes identifying risks and concerns.
The team provides audit coverage of Global Banking business globally, which covers the full suite of businesses across Business Banking (BB), Global Commercial Banking (GCB), Corporate & Investment Banking (GCIB), Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Global Leasing, and Global Transaction Services (GTS), e.g. Global Payments, Trade Finance. This is a high visibility role and requires engagement with both global and regional stakeholders across various businesses and functions within the Global Banking Business.
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of test work during audit activities
- Uses analytical skills and/or technical expertise to execute assigned audit testing responsibilities
- Identifies control deficiencies, discusses with line management and initiates control matter recommendations in assigned test areas
- Begins to demonstrate basic project management skills
- Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies; recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends
- Begins to establish business partner relationships; primary engagement is with line management
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment
- Supports employee development efforts, teamwork and a positive and inclusive work environment
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Minimum 5+ years of Internal Audit/front office/risk management experience
- Knowledge of Banking products / process and associated risks
- Able to perform effectively under pressure and comfortable at engaging with senior management at all levels of an organization across regions on complex issues
- Solid risk assessment, analytical, problem-solving skills, and ability to apply critical thinking
- Exceptional attention to details
- Develop team members by providing day to day coaching and guidance when acting as an AIC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Familiarity with Global Banking – Investment Banking and Capital Markets knowledge strongly preferred
- Audit or risk/controls background in financial services
- Intermediate Analytical / Automation Skills (SQL, SAS, Advanced Excel and Access)
- Advanced Degree
- Strong presentation skills
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Primary Location:150 N COLLEGE ST, NC, Charlotte, 28255
Additional Locations:1133 Ave Of The Americas, New York, New York, United States 600 Washington Blvd (CT2561), Stamford, Connecticut, United States 101 E River Dr, East Hartford, Connecticut, United States Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1.877.760.2076. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Please note: Messages left for other purposes such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.