Senior Manager Physical Security Technology Services (SRO)
Location: Round Rock, TX; Hopkinton, MA or Remote - US
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
Dell Technologies’ Security & Resiliency Office is growing and seeking a Senior Manager – Physical Security Technology Services. This individual will have responsibility and influence in setting and driving the physical security technology strategy including selection, design, installation, service and maintenance of all physical security systems, applications and devices. This role will lead a team that provides support through three key functions: Business Enablement; Architecture and Engineering; and Service Delivery and Support. This leader will provide advice and research on emerging security technology solutions that enhance Dell Technologies’ existing security systems, infrastructure and investments. The primary focus is to lead a team to evaluate and test new technologies, promote innovation, and research and development of new security systems that will add value to the business.
- Manages all SRO – Physical Security (SRO-P) technical service-related operations; oversees the work of program management, engineering, embedded Dell Digital (IT) or Value Added Resellers (VARs) installation/service and maintenance staff to ensure that all jobs are completed on time, within budget, and to Dell Technologies (DT), industry and manufacturer requirements
- Ensures technical support is in place for a comprehensive 24/7 security technology program and help desk designed to protect people, assets, information and reputation; develops and assists in maintaining required technical documentation to support this level of critical infrastructure
- Provides effective oversight of security system daily operations, including services and support ticket triage and management (trouble ticket and incident management)
- As a hands-on manager, provides technical support and sets a positive example for the team by being willing to jump in to maintain key metrics; provides system administration management with Help Desk-level automation software set up, administration and reporting (e.g. ServiceNow); this also includes the build out and enhancement of the SRO-P Knowledgebase directing, recording, and writing technical solutions to common issues
- Provides subject matter expertise in the SRO-P technology and tools required to effectively diagnose and resolve internal customer issues, including configuring and troubleshooting issues
- Liaises with the Global Security Operations Center (Fusion Center), Security Operations Centers, Regional Security leaders, Security & Resiliency Office, and similar stakeholders (i.e., Facilities, Dell Digital/IT) to identify requirements, monitor technology performance and develop solutions to improve technology effectiveness
- Coordinates the collection and dissemination of security system design information within Dell Technologies and our strategic partner network
- Provides research services and advises on developments in commercial, state-of-the-art, security technology through briefings and education materials; serves as the security subject matter expert providing input regarding new or retrofit systems, suggest technical alternatives or improvements to existing technology platforms
- Nurtures a pipeline of delivery of innovations; recommends changes to products or services to fulfill internal customer needs
- Provides team leadership as the primary point of contact for bringing together the SRO-P Technology Services (program management, infrastructure, and service support) with our strategic partner(s) in security system integration
- Aids the VAR network in ensuring that physical inventory levels are monitored and replenished as needed; manages the warranty and repair process for all installed SRO-P security hardware products
- Acts as the accountable leader for the implementation of security technology systems for a large, complex, global enterprise through state-of-the-art technology integration
- Owns the development and management of SRO-P technology budgets
- Reviews and makes recommendations for technical security upgrade designs based on Risks Threats and Vulnerabilities planning, as well as SRO-P and technical security policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field with 12+ years relevant experience; or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience with technical working knowledge of security system design (access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, and advanced security applications such as biometrics, IP intercom systems, video analytics or visitor management)
- 3+ years’ experience in writing design specifications and standards or technical manuals and procedures or developing and delivering training programs
- Experience in converting, optimizing access control systems in an enterprise environment and experience in central station alarm monitoring software platforms
- Experience managing a technical team, yet with a business-minded approach
- Possess the ability to work independently and capability to multitask
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate data into meaningful metrics
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Broad knowledge of security standards of physical security technologies on a global scale
- Demonstrated ability to utilize new technologies and drive for fully integrated solutions
- Demonstrated experience in integrated security systems design, installation, and management, as well as equipment lifecycle planning
- 5+ years leading a team at a technical support call center
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and IP addressing
- Comprehensive knowledge of database management underlying integrated security systems
- Advanced Certification in Lenel Access Control - Lenel Certified Expert (LCE) and Lenel Certified Design Architect (LCDA)
- Software House C•CURE 9000 Advanced System Manager and Enterprise Architecture
- Experience with Genetec solutions
- CPP or PSP Certified
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Revit
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.