- Researching state and local indirect tax legislation and assisting with drafting client responses and memos.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline work flow.
- Assisting with various state and local indirect tax consulting projects including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- Assisting with preparation of client billings and account reconciliations.
- Assisting with drafting new proposals for new and existing clients.
- Coordinating with in-house tax preparation team within Deloitte and with the clients’ tax department.
- Performing a detailed technical review of state and local indirect tax returns on select engagements.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in state and local indirect tax (sales & use and excise tax)
- Experience with state and local indirect tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
- Preparation and review experience of state and local indirect tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.