The Role: Senior Lead Software Developer
The Location: Charlottesville, VA, Richmond, VA, Denver, CO, or Centennial, CO.
Possibility for remote work.
The Impact: S&P; Global Market Intelligence currently has a position opening for a Lead Developer. You will support the development and launch of several in house GIS Applications. As the Lead Developer, you will work collaboratively within an agile team comprised of: Project Managers, GIS Developers, Quality Assurance and Business System Analyst to lead the following efforts:
- Design, deploy and maintain Enterprise Web Applications;
- Work to develop and maintain geospatial data standards: processing, documentation and metadata.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, physics, or related field. May substitute equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as Angularjs, Durandaljs, Backbonejs, Knockoutjs, and Bootstrapjs.
- 5+ years’ experience with C# development.
- Excellent understanding of OO concepts
- 2+ years AWS, S3 / Lambda, Docker, .Net Core
- 3+ years of PL/SQL, T-SQL, SQL experience.
- Experience (including coursework) or willingness to learn using Geographic Information System (GIS) software and GIS-based programming.
- Experience or willingness to learn with GIS Server Technology (ESRI, MapInfo, GeoServer, etc.).
- Comfortable working in team based environment.
- Creative, flexible and results oriented approach to problem solving.
- Dependency Injection.
- Cloud Development.
At S&P; Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P; Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P; Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P; Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P; Global employee, office location or website. S&P; Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P; Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.