Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our office is in Bengaluru, but we offer flexibility for eligible candidates to work remote across India. Whatever your preference—working from home, an office, or in between— you can choose the place that's best for your work and your lifestyle.
About IT Solutions
Our IT Solutions portfolio consists of three main products that serve the DevOps+IT community:
Jira Service Management - empowers Dev and Ops teams to collaborate at high velocity, so they can respond to business changes and deliver great customer and employee service experiences fast.
Opsgenie - a modern incident management platform for operating always-on services, empowering Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Ops genie centralises alerts, notifies the right people reliably, and enables them to collaborate and take rapid action.
Statuspage - an industry-leading platform for easily communicating the real-time status of products and services to your users.This brings companies and customers together during downtime with incident communication.
We are setting up a brand new team in India to take over the full ownership of the product. As part of this we are hiring accomplished engineers who can help identify pain-points in reliability and improve them by changing the product, improving the processes, and coaching the developers. You'll be part of the Statuspage team and will report to an Engineering Manager.We run scalability and tooling projects, respond to alerts and on-call pages, and work with development to define, measure, and exceed SLOs on the features our customers value the most.
With 40,000 customers and counting, JSM is Atlassian's fastest-growing product at scale. This portfolio is built by an R&D team of over 400 people spread across India, Australia, and Turkey.
What you'll do:
- You will architect and build for performance and scale.
- You will improve reliability, scale and performance of the product.
- You will contribute to building tools that help improve the operational health of product.
- You will work with senior engineers on new architectures, designs
- You will work with designers, product managers to build the best experiences for our customers.
- You will work with teams across India, United States and Australia as you contribute to the product.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience building distributed systems for a SaaS product.
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience operating high-scale, high-availability, fault-tolerant, distributed software in production.
- Experience working in a DevOps lifecycle and configuring related tools.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure management in public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, RDS, S3, SQS, Kinesis - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP / Azure).
- Experience working with one or more modern observability platforms (e.g., Splunk, Signalfx, NewRelic or something similar).
- Experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Python, C#, Java, Kotlin ).
- Experience using container systems like Docker or Platform-as-a-Service.
- Experience with Database administration; Manage RDS/Postgres infrastructure will be valued.
- Experience building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing run books.
- Comfortable in being on-call and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement from the ashes of incidents.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team