As a company, Microsoft offers modern sales executives the best opportunity to combine your business knowledge, digital acumen and challenger mentality to help customers succeed. Come join us and be the one who has meaningful outcome based conversions with every executive.
This role is global in nature and the ideal candidate would have experience in legal operations, tax operations and trends that are effecting Legal & Tax professionals across the globe. If you have a passion for helping customers envision and go to market with cloud enabled solutions we have an incredible opportunity for you. Be part of a team which values break thru thinking, collaboration and influence for impact. Microsoft’s commercial business serves our largest customers, by helping them maximize the digital transformation opportunity using Microsoft's suite of enterprise cloud offerings. Across every role, our job is simple: put the customer first and show them the world of possibilities digital technology can offer. We believe in what people make possible.
Strategic Account Executive
A role like this may very well be the pinnacle of your career. Be part of a dynamic, world-class community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry. You will build and foster strategic relationships with the c-suites of the most impactful brands in their respective industries and will be at the forefront of their digital transformations. Envision working jointly with these customers to merge business vision with engineering roadmaps to enable market-making innovations. Be the visionary that takes their leaders on a journey but use your industry and business acumen to make those dreams of today, tangible business outcomes of tomorrow. All of this will require you to orchestrate a large, global, internal team that you will lead through influence without authority, and together, you will challenge things that were never thought possible.Responsibilities
As a Strategic Account Executive at Microsoft, consider yourself the dedicated virtual CEO of an account who leads our top customer into the digital age.
This job will provide you:
- An opportunity to drive change with your customer to do business like never before in a new and transformational way
- A forum to co-create the art of the possible
- The chance to lead world-class, diverse teams of digital transformation advisors, engineers, architects, and delivery teams who all have a vested interest in the customer
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Business Strategy- Understand the Legal & Tax industry, business strategy and manage a long term, sustainable business portfolio.
- Digital transformation – Disrupt the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing creative ideas that showcase innovation for change and Microsoft’s unique value proposition.
- Relationship Building - Expand strategic customer & partner relationships to drive larger impact for the customer and to deliver business outcomes.
- Chief People Leadership – Mobilize, orchestrate, mentor and lead the Microsoft Account Team, partners and customer in order to help solidify the path to the complex yet exciting journey that is digital transformation.
- Business Development Artistry - Responsible for articulating the joint business plan and business opportunity generation with continuous learning and improvement in Corporate, Legal and Tax.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customer
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L; ownership, business planning)
- Embody “we-before-me” mindset
- An industry mastery of any kind is required (i.e. Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy, etc.)
- Legal Operations/Legal Profession experience OR Tax Operations/Tax & Regulatory Professional experience, preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.