Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With innovative maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
- Prep, prime and topcoat light rail vehicles.
- Hand, block, and mechanical sand the car shell for primer and paint.
- Masks and cleans surface for proper adhesion.
- Primes and undercoats the vehicle. Assists other painters as needed.
- Sanding with orbital sander the car shell and body work as needed.
- Basic assembly work.
- General maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and technical documentation in English.
- Must have basic English skills with ability to effectively communicate to other workers and supervisors within the company.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Basic mathematics such as ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Mix paint as required. Apply various coatings such as Tectyl and Convoy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to read and understand MSDS, TDS (Technical Data Sheets).
A spirometry and respiratory test may be required as this position will require use of respirators and paint suits to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high precarious places, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. In this position the employee regularly necessitates the use of motor coordination with finger dexterity while performing the duties of the job. The employee must frequently use safety devices such as ear plugs, hard hats, respirators, gloves, safety goggles, coveralls, safety harness, steel toe shoes etc.
Safety/steel toed shoes are required. Safety glasses, masks, Tyvek safety suits will be provided.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum 1 year of experience in a related field
Why you'll love working for Us:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Join our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The starting base rate for this position in McClellan Park, California is $22.29/hr. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.