As an engineer at ASM, you’ll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box” in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you’ll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box” in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
- Apply sound engineering principles, product specifications and research data to create designs for systems and products for semiconductor industry.
- Perform engineering calculations including structural and thermal analysis and fluid dynamics problems.
- Create and revise Creo Parametric CAD models and detail drawings, ranging in complexity from simple piece parts to large assemblies
- Determine feasibility of product proposals, resolve problems based on technical inputs and develop new designs maintaining product design safety criteria. Apply statistics to optimize and deliver “first time right” designs.
- Prepare product/system designs and related engineering documentation for the manufacturing and testing of prototype and production released products. The documentation shall be complete and easy to follow.
- Project management duties include report generation, schedule creation and maintenance, design reviews and interdepartmental coordination.
- Provide assistance in establishing product configuration and structures on new products and features in both development and manufacturing environments.
- Present and participate in design reviews for unique customer driven specials, product enhancements and other new designs.
- Create, manage and execute engineering project plans, including task scheduling with Gantt charts and resource and cost estimates, using MS Project.
- Travel to customer sites/supplier sites to participate in technical discussions.
- Assist marketing, customers, and vendors in preparation of cost estimates dealing with nonstandard options, new system features and product enhancements.
- Support projects in conjunction with technical staff, managers and manufacturing groups. Support development and testing of hardware to verify performance. Create test plans, verify and approve test procedures.
- Interface with other organizations on new product updates and ensure a smooth transition of the product into the manufacturing cycle.
- Evaluate change requests and complete all aspects of engineering change orders.
Education & Experience:
- BS or MS, or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree required, Masters and above highly preferred
- BS+10 years OR MS+ 5 years, Ph.D. w/<1 year of experience depending upon education in the engineering, design, and development of complex mechanical systems including: reactors, vacuum chambers, gas delivery systems, pneumatics, water cooling circuits, and vacuum systems required.
- Semiconductor capital equipment experience is required.
- Knowledgeable in the requirements for CE, NFPA, Semi S2-95 and other relevant standards as applicable to semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Understanding of materials: metals, plastics, surface coatings and surface finishes.
- Deposition product knowledge a plus (CVD, ALD, EPI, PVD).
- Computer background in Microsoft applications, CREO and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in ASME Y14.5 and/or ISO 1101:2017 preferred geometric dimension and tolerance
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; recommends product and process improvements.
- Able to work with a diverse team to achieve requirements and specifications on complex projects.
- Capability to provide and maintain resource coordination and reporting, interfacing with other organizations and outside vendors on resource requirements.
- A critical thinker with proven ability to create effective solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to present design concepts to peers and management in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining a team player attitude.
- Perform self-inspection of all work and is responsible for ensuring that all work performed adheres to documentation requirements, company policies and procedures.
From the very start of the semiconductor industry to the present day, we’ve been technology leaders who have pioneered innovation and brought new processes into mainstream manufacturing. We are collaborating, creating, and delivering on our vision – a shared vision to drive innovation with new technologies and delivering excellence with dependable products. By doing this, we’ll create new possibilities for everyone to understand, create and share more of what they love.