This role can be located in Reston, VA or Redmond, WA.
Microsoft Cloud App Security group is looking for highly motivated candidates that can thrive in a non-traditional, agile environment at the cutting-edge of the security market. Our group is responsible for providing organizations with the best security solution for their cloud environment, allowing for visibility, governance and protection over their sanctioned and unsanctioned environments. Extending Microsoft’s Enterprise Mobility & Security suite to 3rd party cloud applications & enhancing Microsoft leading application platforms, Office, Azure and Dynamics with the best application security to position them first in the market.Responsibilities
- Live Site Management – you will be part of a global team driving enormous scale and assuring operational excellence while gaining deep understanding of availability, performance and security.
- Evaluate and contribute to product & service design and architecture, help shape Site Reliability Engineering strategies, review specifications, design and improve upon core processes.
- Work closely with peer engineering teams on defining and implementing improvements to service monitoring and reporting in order to enhance reliability and capability.
- Solve problems in mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Participate and enhance our data-driven culture by providing statistical trending and analysis using real service data to increase service health and quality while driving down COGS.
- Providing operational support for day to day activities involving deployment of services.
- 4+ years of scripting and/or programming experience (preferably Python, Ruby or Java)
- 3+ years of experience with Linux (Ubuntu) system administration
- Deep knowledge of system design & architecture
- Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of an on-call rotation and to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Out of the box, quick and agile thinking to adapt to fast pace and changing environment
- Deep understanding of complex, large scale online services (preferably Azure based)
- Working knowledge of databases as well as Big Data systems is a plus
- Experience with Build systems and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps (VSTS))
- Experience with container orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Experience defining and measuring internal/customer facing OLA/SLA
Security Clearance Requirements:
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.