Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Their mission to have the deepest possible understanding of global economies, naturally leads them to embrace diversity of thought, experience, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and more. Bridgewater offers their employees benefits like:
About the Technology Department
The Technology team at Bridgewater engineers systems to understand the world. These systems synthesize and industrialize our global understanding into a hive mind of macroeconomic knowledge which enables us to educate and collaborate with the world’s most influential central banks and policy makers and carefully and strategically manage the world’s most important capital. Our technologists are engineering highly available, high performing and highly secure cloud platforms and infrastructure which support and scale our investing operations.
About Your Role
The Senior People Operations Specialist will be responsible for supporting both leadership and the employee base in the technology business unit. We are looking for someone who can own, and drive the execution of, myriad people operation processes and strategies. Those processes may include, but are not limited to: organizational design, overall people related budgeting, onboarding and training, performance reviews and development, community and employee experience. Success in this role will require influential partnership with middle and senior management within the organization to foster organizational and people effectiveness. You will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
You Will Drive the Following Responsibilities
- Understand technology’s business goals as well as design and implement new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives and productivity
- Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee lifecycle and applies that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are thoughtful and reinforced by upstream and downstream talent programs
- Translate business strategy and organizational needs into successful organizational design, talent management and inclusive culture solutions.
- Support the employee lifecycle from onboarding, internal employee experience, professional development and off-boarding.
- Liaise/relationship manage with cross cutting departments, such as finance and/or facilities
- Improve employee experience by streamlining systems, processes, and tools to drive efficiencies.
- Collaborate with the people leadership team in communicating any business unit or company-wide initiatives or changes to people processes
- Provide guidance and input on organizational restructures and succession planning
- 5+ years in a people operations or business partner role (HR)
- Track record of owning and executing people operations processes and strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with high confidentiality with a focus on tech security
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities seamlessly
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity and change
- PREFERRED: Experience working withing a technology focused firm, or technology business unit.
For most of our roles, Bridgewater offers remote work flexibility, with most employees required to work on campus as their principal work location, a minimum of two days (and in some cases three days) per week with the option to work offsite on other days.
The wage range for this role is, $175,000 to $250,000, inclusive of base salary and discretionary bonus. The expected base salary for this role is between 70% - 80% of this wage range.
Bridgewater Employee Benefits
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors.
Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Founded in 1975, we are a community of independent thinkers who share a commitment for excellence. By fostering a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion, we strive to unlock the most complex questions in investment strategy, management, and corporate culture.
Explore more information about Bridgewater on our website here.
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know.
Explore more information about Bridgewater’s culture on our website here.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer