At Esri, we are committed to our users and their success. This strategic new role is crucial in supporting the growing needs of our thousands of customers and millions of users worldwide. Join our team working passionately to protect our customers and keep their systems safe against the growing threat of vulnerabilities. We are seeking an individual who wants to bring experience, advocacy, and enthusiasm to drive and advance the software patch process for ArcGIS Enterprise.
As a software patch product engineer, you will work with a diverse cross-functional global team in a collaborative and supportive environment to improve and optimize the patch process, using your expertise and knowledge of the product to support patching across all components of ArcGIS Enterprise. You will be a leader on the team, active and involved in the patch process; working closely with product engineers and product developers from across multiple teams; providing the initial confidence tests; coordinating the verification of issues across multiple teams; and documenting the internal process.Responsibilities
- Help modernize the patch process for ArcGIS Enterprise
- Provide clear hotfix and patch requests to the Quick Fixing Engineering (QFE) team
- Complete initial confidence testing of patches and hotfixes
- Collaborate with fellow product engineers on the verification of accumulated issues
- Troubleshoot issues related to patches and hotfixes
- Communicate patch status to various stakeholders across the company
- Manage multiple patch and hotfix requests simultaneously
- Document internal processes for patch and hotfix development
- Create a system of record for the chronology of patch and hotfix releases
- Advocate for innovative new processes and tools that optimize patch delivery time
- 2+ years of experience with ArcGIS Enterprise software
- Deep understanding of ArcGIS Enterprise and its components
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Customer advocate and passionate about supporting users
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, GIS, or related field
- Master's degree in computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with automated testing practices for functional, regression, and performance
- Comfortable in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.