There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
Engineers in T. Rowe Price’s Distribution & Marketing Services – Institutional and Intermediary Technology organization are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to build client experiences that are changing the way people invest. We want technologists with a new perspective who are passionate about solving business, data and technical challenges. You will build groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures.
You’ll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle. And you’ll redefine the way our traders, portfolio managers and analysts serve our clients.
We are working to develop the firm's next generation data distribution platform, with the aim to seamlessly deliver real-time and on-demand investments data to a global network of distributed trading and research platforms. We are employing new paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services.
This is a hands-on, full development lifecycle role which provides an opportunity to tackle sophisticated business, logic, data and technical challenges. As the leader of your engineering team, you will be required to think creatively and bring ground breaking technology in-house. We will expect you to be agile / to lead / to think outside the box. In return, we’ll give you challenging work that has an impact / opportunities to learn and grow / and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that’s how we help our clients succeed
In this role you will design, develop, modify, adapt and implement short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure. You will review and interpret system requirements and business processes as well as code, test, debug and implement software solutions. You will also:
- Lead projects or work streams.
- Be accountable for your work and sometimes others, provide process and standards advice in your area of specialization.
- Work independently.
- Serve as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing as a domain expert in one or more parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment). Leads significant pieces of development within the development lifecycle.
- Contributing to the development of standard methodologies within your group.
- Leading code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others’ designs/code.
- Being accountable for technical debt in your own software.
- Leading a small project team, as required.
- Taking control of complex problems and step through them in a rational way.
- Making tactical vs. strategic trade-offs.
- Being flexible in your thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Identifying when junior engineers need help and providing it in a positive way that promotes confidence.
- Actively helping team members/make suggestions to improve practices.
- Able to work directly with business partners.
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility.
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions.
- Typically requires 5+ years of progressive experience with a BS or MS in Computer Science or another related technical discipline.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in your job discipline and working knowledge of related disciplines
- Stays up to date with new technologies.
- Programs proficiently in several languages (Python preferred) and is comfortable switching between them.
- Experience in developing solutions utilizing the Amazon web services stack (Lambda, S3, ECS, SQS, Step functions, Glue, Athena, snowflake, etc.).
- Experience with DevOps.
- Shows dedication to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development.
- Develops data models or schemas from scratch and knows of key concepts such as ACID, Normalization, and Transactions.
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers.
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
This role is eligible for remote work up to three days a week.
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible and remote work opportunities.
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Tuition assistance.
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program).
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.