**$2,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi - national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will have experience as a Medical Assistant and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
* Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with one evening shift 12-8 and rotating weekend shifts *
- Overseeing and participating in day-to-day clinical care of patients
- Performs patient intake process (vital signs, history)
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Performs clinical procedures (injections, ear lavage)
- Assists the providers with invasive procedures and minor surgeries
- Maintains clinical logs (autoclave, temperature logs)
- Submits electronic referrals for additional services
- Enrolls / responds to electronic patient messages in the patient portal program
- Processes medication refills per protocol
- Makes / takes patient calls
- Schedule appointments when required
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or willing to obtain within 30 days
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Experience working in Family Practice, Specialty, or Internal
- EMR Experience
- Experience in working with HMO, PPO, Medicare
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.