There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
We are looking for a Mid-level .NET Developer to join our Global Investment Operations team supporting cash management applications across the firm. In this role, you will build new UI features as well as backend services and also help modernize numerous web applications. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the business, establish best practices, and grow your technical skills as we continue to modernize and build out new .NET Core microservices and capabilities in AWS.
In this role, you will design, develop, modify, adapt and implement short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure. You will review and interpret system requirements and business processes. You will code, tests, debug and implement software solutions.
- Requires working and conceptual knowledge in your own job discipline
- Performs a range of assignments related to a job discipline
- Accountable for your work and for effective coordination of process and information with others
- Works independently, within guidelines and policies for ongoing work; may receive general mentorship on new assignments of the software development lifecycle
Role summary and job responsibilities
- Contributes to all parts of the SDLC, e.g., design, development, and testing
- Develops technical solutions following standard methodologies with some guidance from senior engineers
- Practices automated testing and tests your work in an automated and repeatable way
- Identifies and remediates technical debt
- Works with existing data models and schemas and suggests changes and improvements where necessary
- Demonstrates strong logic and reasoning capabilities
- Delivers on well-specified work items
- Uses questions and proposals to clarify requirements when unclear
- Applies understanding of the Financial Services and Asset Management industries
- Connects one's own work with the strategy of their team and/or department.
- Can competently engage in business-led conversations.
- Typically requires 2-5 years of progressive full stack .NET development experience
- In-depth knowledge of C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Hands on relational database experience developing database objects like stored procedures, triggers or functions
- Previous experience with .NET Core and AWS/Azure are nice to haves
- Shows dedication to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- Develops data models or schemas from scratch and knows of key concepts such as ACID, Normalization, and Transactions
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
This role is eligible for remote work up to three days a week.
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.