Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's mission "to unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products such as Jira, Confluence, and Trello... that fit into the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams and the processes to help every team succeed.
Our office is in Bengaluru, but we offer flexibility for eligible candidates to work remotely across India. Whatever your preference—working from home, an office, or in between— you can choose the place that's best for your work and your lifestyle.
About this role
HAMS is the billing engine that manages all payments that flow into Atlassian. As such it's an important system that will operate flawlessly for both internal and external users. You're expected to have an obsession for excellence, making sure that HAMS fulfils our requirements. HAMS is a mature system that has served Atlassian for more than 15 years, and it's a plus if you have experience working with complex and mature software.
Atlassian Commerce is on a journey to transform the way we do business and we're gradually moving our customers to a new billing system. HAMS is still, and will continue to be, the billing system of our most important customers for foreseeable future.
As the Principal Engineer, you will lead the development and maintenance of the backend components of HAMS. You are expected to work with developers and partners in multiple timezones, predominantly in India and Australia, but also at times in Europe and the US. You will report to the Senior Engineering manager and will work with a group of experienced engineers at varying job levels, from new college grads to senior engineers and architects. If you want to grow as an engineer that can manage the entire life cycle of mission-critical software, this is an opportunity you can't miss.On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Solid foundation of 10+ years of experience designing and building production-level web applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong depth of knowledge in Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- An understanding of industry-standard monitoring systems is important (e.g.: Splunk, SignalFx, New Relic, etc.)
- Knowledge of Database technologies (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres)
- Partner with product managers and designers to shape the course of a product
- A team player mindset with experience mentoring developers ( tech design reviews and sparring, code reviews) and an ability to collaborate on ideas and designs with other architects and developers in Atlassian.
- Comfortable in being part of an on-call 24x7 rotation and promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Address complex problems at both an application and system level and producing maintainable and easy to read code
- You find it easy to explain complex problems in an understandable way to partners with different backgrounds
- eCommerce / Billing / Payments experience
- Experience with public cloud offerings (AWS, or equivalents in another cloud provider, e.g. GCP or Azure)
- Familiarity with GraphQL, web application development and templating engines (JSP, Velocity, etc)
- Experience with typical web application patterns and challenges
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team