Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our office is in Bengaluru, but we offer flexibility for eligible candidates to work remotely across India. Whatever your preference—working from home, an office, or in between— you can choose the place that’s best for your work and your lifestyle.
Atlassian creates software that empowers everyone, from small start-ups to large enterprises. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket to help teams across the world become more agile, creative, and aligned - collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear; your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We’re looking for people who want to write the future and believe we can accomplish much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive and the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal: Unleash the potential of every team.
The Atlassian Marketplace is a platform for Atlassian customers to discover, try, and buy apps for Atlassian products. You can use apps to customize and extend your Atlassian product. The Marketplace offers apps developed by both Atlassian and third-party developers.
It has been wildly successful: we surpassed $3 billion in lifetime revenue on the Atlassian Marketplace, and Over 70% of Jira Software and Confluence customers use at least one Marketplace app.
We are now moving towards the mission to enable Every team to extend Atlassian products to unleash more potential. We are at a very exciting place right now where we are exploring various possibilities of expanding our horizons to think beyond just Marketplace apps to be hosted on our platform.
What’s the principal engineer role?
As an Engineer well into your career, we know you're an expert at what you do and have a breadth of experience across multiple backend technologies. You take pride in being someone who more junior members look up to and sharing your expertise with others... That's why we're placing a heavy emphasis on leaning on your expertise to take on a high level of responsibility while being a role model and mentor to others on the team.In This Role, You'll Get The Chance To
- Regularly tackle the largest and most complex problems on the team, from technical design to launch
- Deliver solutions that are used by other teams and products
- Determine plans-of-attack on large projects
- Routinely tackle complex architecture challenges and apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Lead code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Set the standard for thorough, meaningful code reviews
- Transfer your depth of knowledge from your current language to excel as a Software Engineer
- Mentor more junior members (be the change agent for the technical team)
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects. You will collaborate closely not only with your immediate team but also with engineers across a wide range of Atlassian product, platform, data and infrastructure teams, as well as with product managers, designers and our customers and partners.
- 10+ Years of extensive experience in software development and architecture
- Expert-level experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, C# or C/C++
- Experience in designing/architecting platforms at scale
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms
- Strong understanding of the operational excellence
- Passion for collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
- A real appetite for helping others learn and grow
- Considers the customer impact when making technical decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in transformation of a monolith into micro-services architecture
- Experience with Scala or functional programming paradigm
- Experience of building a product platform from scratch
- Experience with frontend technologies, like React.js
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team