Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Siemens is growing and we are excited to welcome new senior mechanical engineers to the medium voltage power distribution team! We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and engaging environment where senior engineers can share their knowledge with others while continuing to sharpen their skills and grow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review of customer specifications and requirements while working with your engineering project team to ensure we deliver a complete and optimal product
- Take overall mechanical ownership of the project bills of materials including developing new assemblies, validating functionality, and releasing the part/assemblies to production
- Provide direction as mechanical technical lead to a team of designers who will take your concepts and turn them into new or updated 3D models
- Work directly with the factory manufacturing team addressing any challenges as they produce your designs
- Help improve our products by working collaboratively to identify design enhancements and nurturing those ideas through integration and deployment
- Lead internal projects to improve our processes and tools working directly with team leads and business excellent teams.
- Develop areas of subject matter expertise and serve as a technical authority for the team. This will include leadership and technical support during the quotation process. That may require engaging directly with designers to develop concepts and, at times, independently producing technical content
- Lead training activities
- Serve as a mentor and coach for developing engineers
- Siemens products possibly supported by this role: GM-SG medium voltage switchgear, SIMOVAC medium voltage Motor Controllers, SIEBREAK medium voltage metal-enclosed interrupter
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 8 years of experience in a technical engineering role, with at least 5 years working with medium voltage power distribution equipment
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of power distribution equipment and apply appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations.
- Ability to coach and train developing engineers
- Strong communications skills and demonstrated presentation skills to diverse audiences.
- Proficient working within a 3D design environment
- Proficient with Autocad
- Experience working with complex engineering BOMs “Bill of Materials”.
- Experience working with SAP or similar MRP/ERP systems
- No travel required
- Qualified candidates will have the option to work remotely
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid!
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.