Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in [Australia and/or New Zealand]. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
Your future team
We are a team of people with different backgrounds, but focused in the DevOps domain. We look after the entire developer life cycle from when an engineer is ready to work on a feature to its integration with our source code and deployment; all of this in a seamless workflow focusing on improving the engineering efficiency.
We're hiring a Senior DevOps engineer, reporting to the Jira Cloud CD Engineering Manager. You will oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of our CI/CD pipelines, and the monitoring of our infrastructure. You understand software development methodologies and be able to work with development teams to refine the software delivery process.
What you'll do
- Guide large projects autonomously, from technical design to launch
- Promote your team's mission, and anticipate problems that might derail them by improving team and engineering culture and practices.
- Automate testing, deployment, and other tasks related to software delivery
- Manage infrastructure to ensure high availability and performance
- Implement monitoring systems for the infrastructure and applications
- Solve complex architecture challenges, apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Lead by example, contributing to code reviews, documentation and take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Partner across engineering teams to solve company-wide programmes
- Mentor and level up the skills of your teammates by sharing your expertise through knowledge sharing sessions
- Participate in Agile software development including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, team retrospectives, show and tell demo sessions
- Identify blockers, success metrics ensuring awareness and expectations
- At least 5 years of experience in DevOps tooling and CI/CD pipelines
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Development with one or more prominent languages such as Kotlin, Java, Python or similar.
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Fluency in any one database technology (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres or NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra)
- Experience creating and implementing well-tested, scalable and performant distributed systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Practice in mentoring other engineers and influencing decision makers throughout the organisation
- Consider the customer impact when making technical decisions
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team