Core Services Engineering builds, manages the critical products, and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow. The Customer Contact Integration Services (CCIS) organization is seeking an experienced and technical Senior Software Engineering Manager to help develop solutions that enable our customer service, support, and sales organizations. We are a service integrator that brings multiple technologies together to create seamless communication experiences. We are building next-generation capabilities that unlock product insights through Natural Language Processing (NLP), speech-to-text transcription, and data correlation to enable Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning capabilities (ML).
Senior Software Engineering Manager is a role encompassing both the aspects of program delivery, technical leadership and people management in a highly matrix organization. In this role the candidate will partner globally with our engineering, support, and delivery teams to develop solutions across multiple network, voice, cloud, application, and data platforms. This position includes responsibilities for providing overall leadership to the team, setting direction for the team, ensuring all commitments are met. This person will lead a team comprising of individual contributors from the software engineering discipline.
Setting up engineering strategy for the team both from technical and business front
Ensuring that all programs are delivered with agreed upon business value, on time and highest quality
Ensuring that all features embody engineering best practices, efficient, scalable architecture, elegant design and high-quality implementation
Managing a rapidly growing software engineering team of strong individual contributors
Ensuring that pro-active/cooperative relationships exist within the program and project teams. Assisting team members in resolving issues
Leading software design, Code reviews to ensure consistently high level of design and implementation
Driving quality process and trustworthy computing initiatives throughout the product lifecycle to eliminate architecture, design and coding defects at the source
Ensuring performance and security criteria are met
Communicating policy & technical directions to all levels within group and cross discipline. Status reporting and presenting solutions is an integral part of the job
Contributing to organizations’ big bet initiatives like talent hiring, people skill development, etc.
Internal Partnerships - Partner with internal Microsoft teams to leverage and integrate Microsoft technology into the service portfolio
- Total of 12+ years of demonstrated work experience in the Information Systems industry.
- 10+ years of solid Design/Software engineering experience using large/complex application using various technologies
- 2+ years of experience in People Manager Role - build and grow teams.
- Very strong software engineering - design, development and testing, experience.
- Proficient in Web Development, App Development, API’s and test methodologies.
- Good understanding of design / architectural patterns and automation platforms.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies.
- Good experience on Requirement/Design/Code Review & Inspections practices
- Good on Estimation Practices: Effort and Schedule
- Experience in Development processes like creating technical and architectural documents and QA processes like designing test plans, functional testing, end to end scenario automation, performance and security testing.
People Management Skills:
- Ability to motivate and influence team
- Ability to lead, coach and provide leadership to staff on goals, objectives and performance success criteria.
- Ability to manage high and low performers.
- Aligns team’s commitments with organizational strategic directions
- Effectively utilizes resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication, team skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and collaborate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks concurrently and drive them to successful completion
- Facilitates collaboration in a cross-group environment (i.e. global software engineering teams)
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
- Excellence in strategic thinking, leadership and be able to influence without authority.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and techniques
Nice to have:
- Knowledge on Cloud technologies Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, including Application Insights, Azure Service Bus, logic apps, Azure Data Lake, Cosmos, webapps
- Experience with user experience web technologies such as Angular JS, Razor is preferred
- Knowledge on data modelling, analytics, data mining and machine learning
Knowledge on automated build, deployment and CICDMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.