Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Country:United States of America
Location:AZ852: RMS AP Bldg M02 1151 East Hermans Road Building M02, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Intel, Microchip, and Lattice. Designs are implemented using VHDL and support the following type of applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) Digital Signal Processing (DSP), control loops, data links, embedded processing, and processor interfaces. Configurable Logic Design Engineers work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, select parts, architect the device, perform code development, simulation, and place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies. Design support is expected from requirements definition through integration and test, and eventually production. Designs are documented and configuration managed throughout the entire design process.
- The position is for the Tucson, AZ and is an onsite position.
Basic Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) major.
- Demonstrated experience with digital design and VHDL or Verilog coding.
- Familiarity with Xilinx, Altera or Microsemi/Microchip FPGAs.
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships).
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Familiarility with the Linux environment and commands.
- Expertise of Xilinx, Intel, Microchip or Lattice devices and tool flows.
- Expertise in FPGA timing constraints and timing closure
- Digital signal processing as applied to FPGA devices
- Knowledge of C programming and scripting languages such as Perl and Python.
- Knowledge of embedded systems design utilizing Microblaze, Nios, and ARM processors.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms