The Role: Senior Database Administrator
The Location: Gurgaon
- You will be part of a premier Data Platform Services team supporting various product offerings of S&P Global powered by various middle tier, database and OS technologies and used by tens of thousands of users globally. This team is responsible for ensuring Greater Reliability, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability.
- You will work with a team of intelligent and ambitious professionals recruited from top industries across the globe responsible for database support, administration, scalability, performance tuning, release and architecture of large-scale data processing, aggregation and retrieval systems.
- This is an extremely visible role as the database is the backbone of our flagship products. These products rely on data to allow our customers to find the companies, securities and markets they are passionate about, to explore the relationships between entities, and to search using public identifiers (CUSIPs, ISINs, SEDOLs, Tickers, etc). This critical backend driven data allow our users to value their portfolios, monitor market moving events, understand their risk and maintain their back office systems.
- Contribute to the achievement of Database Administration objectives
- Work on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors.
What’s in it for you:
- This is the place to hone your existing database and leadership skills while having the chance to become exposed to fresh and divergent technologies (e.g. SQL Server Analysis Services, Oracle, SQL Server Replication, SQL Server Clustering, SQL Server-AlwaysOn, NoSQL, SOLR, Vertica, active-active Databases, and petabyte storage levels).
- As a critical member of the team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of database administrators and engineers who have recently graduated as well as other team members who are experts in their domain.
- As a Senior Database Administrator you will Support, Administer, Manage, and Tune the multi-terabyte Database Systems that will enable S&P Capital IQ to ingest, manage, process and serve-up Market Data Products (Research Content, Pricing, Ratings & Financial Aggregates) as well as our highly transactional and dynamic web based CIQ Platform.
- Manage key database releases for QA, Pre-Production, Production and DR as part of the overall SDLC.
- Maintain database including patch applications and enhancements/upgrades of environments.
- Install upgrades and patches to existing databases servers
- Automate routine maintenance tasks using scripting technologies
- Solve, non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
- Apply methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Work with other teams with in operations and peer groups like Development and QA as a lead and/or member.
- Work with IT Server Management and other groups and make sure that all events, incidents and problems are resolved as per the SLA.
- Improve efficiency and quality of delivery by automating routine tasks.
- Contribute to best of breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product support process.
- Suggest improvements to current processes and tools we use and also suggest implementation ideas.
- Willing work on 24/7 shifts
- Perform database backups/ refreshes in non-prod environments.
- Participate 24x7 on call tier 3 support on a weekly rotating schedule
- Contribute to process and troubleshooting documentation.
- Should be able to support virtualized environment
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on SQL database administration, support and performance tuning experience
- Experience in a start-up or Agile or Dev Ops environment.
- Good experience with database support and administration, performance tuning, and database monitoring.
- Moderate Experience with Transactional Replication and Log Shipping
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.
- Good MS SQL Server hands on experience.
- Experience with additional RDMS like NoSQL, SOLR, Vertica, Oracle and PostgreSQL is a huge Plus
- Basic knowledge on PowerShell or any other scripting or program language.
- Knowledge in SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Knowledge on Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn and Windows Clustering
- Excellent communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving Client Libraries (like ADO.NET), Operating Systems, Network and Storage.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.