Technical Advisor – Azure Subscription Management Support
No two days are the same in Customer Service and Support at Microsoft. We engage in solving challenging and complex problems, we collaborate and share learnings with each other and innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed; we speak many languages, and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a growth mindset, a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Besides technical talent, we also look for Technical Advisors with a “run to the fire” behavior - people who thrive under difficult and challenging circumstances, who love to get involved in difficult situations and at the same time learn.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be THE career opportunity for you.
Our culture is built around 5 attributes that drive our every decision, and our every action:
- Customer Obsession- we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and constant drive to make our customers’ experiences easy, insightful and trusted - every single time, without exception.
- Continuous learning Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams, and encourage new hires to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others. We take their learnings and add them to our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve your day to day responsibilities and the connections between your work and others
The Technical Advisor (TA) is responsible for ensuring the technical readiness and maintaining the technical wellness of the support engineering staff at different Microsoft sites.
You will deliver unique value by leading engineers in terms of their technical capabilities, case management, process adherence and customer wellness.
Your focus is to support Microsoft Azure in Enterprise environments.
As a Technical Advisor, you will work with support engineers to assist customers in resolving technical issues involving Microsoft products and services. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships while effectively managing challenging situations and driving customer success.
- Understand and follow the customer engagement process, and work with engineers directly to help isolate and resolve customer problems
- Provide consulting and advice to engineers that will improve the customer experience and lead to problem resolution. Offer technical guidance to others and share technical expertise as needed.
- Ensure on-the-ground engineer support, working toward resolution of customers’ technical issues.
- Assist in customer escalations and help solve complex technical problems.
- Proactively perform case reviews and customer wellness reviews. Recommend case escalation as appropriate, and per established guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate support engineer technical readiness, and evaluate and drive improvement in support engineer quality.
- Review and provide gap analysis on support delivery. Assist with developing training plans for support engineers based on skills gap analysis, product needs, etc.
- Coordinate with Release Excellence on release management plans for engineers, to ensure support engineer readiness.
- Work with readiness and training team to optimize the curriculum, reduce training delivery time and/or to enhance the material.
- Drive implementation of improvement initiatives from the Case Insights team.
- Drive awareness of opportunities for training, content, tools, process.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalents experience. 5 + years prior product/customer support experience
Language - Proficiency in the English language, written and spoken
Knowledge and Skills
- Technical proficiency in and learning attitude toward Azure technologies; previous experience as a member of one of the Azure Technical Support Pods is a plus.
- Customer service skills, team work, problem-solving skills, capacity to deal with difficult customers and ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Proven ability to work virtually.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Proven ability to lead people to achieve success.
This position may require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings and weekends shifts. Please note that shifts might change according to business needs.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.