Managed by Q is the platform for office management, helping thousands of offices nationwide run their workplace operations more seamlessly by combining technology, expertise, and high-quality service. As today’s leading companies are increasingly aware of the need for an excellent workplace experience, they are turning to Managed by Q to deliver it.
The facilities and office services industry represents a more than one trillion dollar opportunity globally, and has seen little to no innovation driven by technology prior to Managed by Q. Today, thousands of companies -- ranging from high growth start-ups to the Fortune 500 -- are using Q to discover, book, manage, and pay service providers across hundreds of service categories including cleaning, maintenance, IT, security and administrative staffing. By combining all of these services onto one frictionless platform, Q is changing the way the world works.
Founded in New York City in 2014 with a vision to build the operating system for offices, Managed by Q has been a powerful voice in the national conversation around the future of work. Heralded as the “standard bearer of good jobs in the on-demand economy,” Managed by Q has built a reputation for championing employee ownership and creating good jobs with opportunities for career growth for workers of all backgrounds. Today, Q employs over a thousand people across 5 cities and works with hundreds of small businesses, many of whom are introducing technology to their business for the first time to improve service quality and grow their bottom line.
Managed by Q is headquartered in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood, and has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, LA, and Boston. The company is backed by the world's leading investors including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples.
We are looking for talented Product Designers who are comfortable working from the very beginning of the product development process to the end. We believe in close collaboration with our engineering and product management partners and form small product teams to take on big challenges. The right candidate will have an outsized impact on our products and the life of our users.
Product designers at Q:
- Feel comfortable across the entire design process from early problem definition to final interaction details.
- Let data, customer research, and stakeholder input guide their decision-making process
- Design without ego and are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Believe that great products are not driven by a single person working in isolation but by multiple unique perspectives
- Are tenacious and willing to put in the extra effort to understand a solution or system completely
- Follow up on everything they’ve shipped to see if they solved their product goals
- Build out our style guide to make our design & engineering organizations more efficient and create a cohesive visual language
- You have a portfolio showing examples of your design work.
- You have experience shipping products or applications (3+ years).
- You have the ability to dive deep into problem spaces and successfully communicate potential solutions through written documentation, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes.
- You demonstrate excellent visual and UI design skills.
- You have a deep appreciation for the craft of building. Experience with html/css/js is a plus.
- The role will be based at our NYC HQ.
- Experience working on a two-sided Marketplace is a plus.
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous stock options.
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- A welcoming, supportive and hardworking team