Manager, Life Sciences Clinical Studies
Manager, Life Sciences- Clinical Studies
Focuses on the journey to redefine patient-centric care, innovate, and grow, and help clients through the challenges that each part of the journey can bring. We are assisting companies that discover, develop and manufacture health care-related products. Clients include pharmaceutical manufacturers; biotechnology companies; medical device, diagnostic and medical equipment manufacturers; and other service companies like drug distributors, contract research organizations (CROs), and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs). We will also continue to align with Government Health with a focus on the Federal Drug Administration and the National Institutes of Health.
Deloitte has established a leadership position in the area of Clinical Supplies consulting. We have built outstanding insights to the challenges and opportunities in this space and have strong industry relationships and experiences in delivering business results. We are looking for Managers to help us shape the direction of our practice capabilities and delivery of project results. The ideal candidate has deep expertise in clinical supplies management processes and truly understands the needs of industry and regulators. These qualifications are required:
- Industry experience in clinical supplies management processes (5+ years)
- Understanding of business practices, solutions and relevant regulations for clinical supplies management
- Understanding of industry trends and future directions for clinical trials and the impacts for clinical supplies management
Experience in leading change efforts within clinical supplies
Work you’ll do
Managers lead project work streams or components of large, complex engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large Life Sciences companies. Managers develop the detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address Life Sciences clients’ biggest challenges.
Managers participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. Managers also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results. Managers also participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Identify strategies for growth and value creation
- Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
- Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
- 5+ years of professional experience in Life Sciences industry, a few years functioning as a Manager in a Consulting environment.
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Ability to work independently; lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
Current knowledge of some or most of:
- Clinical Supplies Management
- Clinical Trial and Clinical Research Processes
- Clinical Development and Operations
- Study management
- Data Management
- CRO Oversight/Management
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA)
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to lead small teams and own deliverables
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html