Health Technology- MES/MMIS- Senior Manager
Health Technology – Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES/MMIS) Senior Manager
Are you a talented, creative professional, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients’ most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Manager you will bring considerable technical expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
• Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
• Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
• Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
• Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
Our Health Technology team implements repeatable solutions to solve our government clients’ most critical health technology related issues. We advise on, design, implement and deploy solutions focused on government health agencies “heart of the business” issues including claims management, electronic health records, health information exchanges, health analytics and health case management.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to leverage reusable, interoperable and flexible solutions that will enable them to reduce costs, improve health outcomes and respond to public health crises. Professionals will use their deep health, government and technology consulting experience to strategically help solve our client’s technology challenges.
State Government- Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES)
For over 40 years, Deloitte has helped federal agencies and U.S. states implement and manage the complex health and human service programs that promote the health, safety and wellbeing of its citizens. We are a proven partner in Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) and service delivery; and bring technology, business and project management experience to our clients’ challenges. Our practitioners are dedicated to working with public sector clients and bring a broad range of experience and skills to our clients’ challenges.
Senior Managers in the Public Sector practice are required to have:
• 10+ years’ experience leading the business operations of a State Medicaid program across the various MITA business processes (including member, provider, claims, and care management).
• 10+ years’ liaising with technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on functional requirements, issues, and decisions
• 10+ years’ experience in day-to-day management of State Medicaid operations using current Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS) and tools
• 10+ years of experience managing all or significant portions of a MES / MMIS Fiscal Agent business operations environment
• Exhibit strong understanding of end-to-end Medicaid health plan business processes and interactions with both internal and external stakeholders
• 10 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
• A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
In addition, successful Senior Managers will have the following preferred background:
• Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff
• A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.