Alliance Technical Architect, Google Cloud Platform (Enabling Manager)
Alliance Technical Architect – Google Cloud Platform
Do you excel at building inventive solutions to resolve business challenges? If so, you may be a great fit for our Alliance Technical Architect – Google Cloud Platform. The alliance technical architect is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with the GCP technical organization as well as Deloitte’s leadership teams in an effort to identify go-to-market (GTM) opportunities that drive value for our clients, Google, and Deloitte.
The alliance technical architect’s role in delivering this value mainly consists of aligning Deloitte and Google offerings to serve our joint clients, proactively designing solutions that leverage Deloitte services in conjunction with GCP offerings, and providing technical support to Deloitte practitioners on their client engagements.
Work You’ll Do
Alliances Technical Architect Responsibilities
The Alliances Technical Architect is the single point of contact to Client Alignment Executives and Lead Client Partners for GCP technology strategies, roadmaps, and transformation plans. Primary responsibilities include working with internal teams to expand the number of GCP solutions that are under development, and act as a GCP SME to various lines of business during their development process. The Alliances Technical Architect requires an understanding of the underlying factors that drive customers to cloud, current cloud trends around big data and machine learning. Strong business and IT strategy and planning skills, the ability to influence software and service executives, and develop long lasting relationships as a trusted technical advisor are a must. The Alliances Technical Architect is focused on business development, while also having strong operational ties to support, standards, strategy, and product management, but is not a delivery leadership position.
The Alliances Technical Architect requires an understanding of the client's business and technology strategies, aligns current and future joint solutions to those strategies, and advocates client needs/interests within Deloitte/Google Cloud portfolio planning activities. Strong business and IT strategy and planning skills, the ability to influence software and service executives, and develop long lasting relationships as a trusted technical advisor are a must. The Alliances Technical Architect also works closely with the Google Cloud Business Managers and/or Regional Alliance Managers to optimize account planning efforts and ensures that current-period activities, deliveries, and execution do not jeopardize long term client preference for Deloitte/Google Cloud. The Alliances Technical Architect is focused on supporting business development, while also having strong operational ties to support, standards, strategy, and product management, but is not a delivery leadership position.
The Alliances Technical Architect must have unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including business processes, KPIs, standards, technologies, value chains, or integrations. This individual will contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas and provide highly innovative solutions. The Alliances Technical Architect must be able to routinely exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives as well as develop and propose technical alignment strategies and directions. Participation in cross-service, multi-function teams may be required.
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of experience in Cloud solutions architecture to include solution development and migration
- Knowledgeable of industry standard security frameworks and controls required of Public Cloud services to host sensitive data
- Integrated technical sales, service, and solution expertise
- Deep Google Cloud competencies
- Proven global and cross-functional team leadership facilitation skills.
- Experience in crafting client value propositions and leading technical alignment efforts
- Experience in responding to technical RFP/RFIs
- Google Cloud Certified Solutions Architect and/or Developer, preferably at the professional level, a plus
- Previous experience in a consulting/client service role, a plus
- SAP, S/4 HANA experience and knowledge preferred
- Ability to manage parallel workstreams and prioritize needs based on the current demands
- "Quarterback" alignment of technical value propositions and positioning
- Identify key areas of differentiation, delivery improvement and profitable direction that creates high value services and drags significant software
- Ability to identify client business issues to then map and champion Deloitte/GCP services and software solutions
- "X-Factor"/Out-of-the-box creativity and problem solving, i.e. client level "visioning" sessions, joint technology/services roadmaps, etc.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner executives, developers and product experts
- Strong competency across disparate alliance support systems, i.e. training, self-solve, support, marketing, competitive intelligence, data-mining, sales pipeline, etc.
- Validates GCP portfolio solutions against client team delivery needs & opportunities, and shapes as necessary for client team acceptance
- Understanding of FEDRAMP controls for Public Cloud
Relevant Business Skills:
- Excellent team player (Ability to share and communicate knowledge with team/others)
- Ability to think strategically (Solution Enabler and Consultative Sales Style)
- Ability to identify client business issues and resolve working with/through the vendor/Deloitte client team solution development.
- Ability to manage work and meet specific deadlines, highly organized and self-sufficient
- Adaptable and flexible
- Executive presence demonstrating ability to communicate clearly and convincingly to respective client teams through excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner constituencies including senior level executives, developers, and product experts
- High integrity - honors commitments: consistent and predictable follow-up
- Highly organized, extremely self-sufficient with High Energy and Enthusiasm
Education: Bachelor's Degree is required; Advanced Degree Preferred
Work Location: Flexible
Security Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirements: Up to 30%
Deloitte Consulting Alliances Team is made up of professional alliance managers, alliance marketers and technical architects who understand the principles that drive successful alliance relationships. Together, they enable differentiated, innovative go-to-market solutions between our practice and alliance partners that bring quantified value to our clients and incremental revenue to the firm.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html