Data Delivery - Big Data Architect - Manager
- Manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Formulate planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies.
- Manage full life cycle implementations.
- Develop statements of work and/or client proposals.
- Identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of information architecture.
- Experience with program leadership, governance and change enablement.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships.
- Lead workshops for client education.
- Manage resources and budget on client projects.
- Assist and drive the team by providing oversight.
- Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
- 6+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience to include Information delivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence based on data from hybrid of Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), non-relational (NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra) and relational Data Warehouses.
- 3 or more years of hands on experience with data lake implementations, core modernization and data ingestion.
- At least 3 years hands on working experience with Big data technologies; MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, Flume, YARN, Kafka, Storm etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable, distributed systems leveraging cloud computing technologies like AWS, GCP and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with commercial distributions of HDFS (Hortonworks, Cloudera, Pivotal HD, MapR)
- 1 or more years of hands on experience designing and implementing data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for video, voice, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data into Hadoop ecosystems and HDFS clusters.
- 1 or more years of hands on experience with data integration products like Talend etc.
- 2+ years experience leading and managing project teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Willingness for weekly client-based travel, up to 80-100% (Monday — Thursday/Friday)
- AWS certification a plus
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Experience working with multi-Terabyte data sets
- Experience with Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html