Manager Life Sciences Market Access & Strategic Pricing
Focuses on the journey to redefine patient-centric care, innovate, and grow, and help clients through the challenges that each part of the journey can bring. We are assisting companies that discover, develop and manufacture health care-related products. Clients include pharmaceutical manufacturers, biotechnology companies, medical device, diagnostic and medical equipment manufacturers, and other service companies like drug distributors, contract research organizations, and contract manufacturing organizations. Will continue to align with Government Health with a focus on the Federal Administration and the National Institute of Health.
Work you’ll do
Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
Managers lead project work streams or components of large, complex engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large Life Sciences companies. Managers develop the detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address Life Sciences clients’ biggest challenges.
Managers participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. Managers also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results. Managers also participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Sales & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record. MBA and/or Advanced degree in clinical sciences preferred (RN, MSN, MD)
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience in Life Sciences industry, or a mix of a few years’ industry experience and functioning as a Manager or higher in a Consulting environment.
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Ability to work independently; lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Detailed understand of the configure price quote and/or the contract lifecycle management process
- Experience in Medical Device Commercialization and Operations improvement
- Experience in Lifesciences (bio-pharmaceuticals or medical technology) a strong preference
Knowledge of Market Access – contractual pricing, position of products in marketplace and pricing of products
Market Strategy formulation – define operational capabilities for companies to execute upon.
- Advanced degree in clinical sciences or MBA from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.