Compensation Strategies Manager - Equity Administration
Compensation Strategies Manager - Equity Administration
Today’s business challenges present a new wave of HR, talent and organization priorities. Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital services leverage research, analytics and industry insights to help improve our clients’ organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? Deloitte Consulting offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees’ development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
Work you’ll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Compensation Strategies’ Manager - Equity Administration in the Rewards practice of Deloitte’s Human Capital group, you will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Lead equity/stock-based compensation, performance cash, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (“ESPP”) administration consulting projects which entails advising clients on best practices for recordkeeping, reporting, and issuance
- Advise clients on new vendor and long-term incentive (“LTI”) program implementation, vendor conversions, outsourcing, and service optimization
- Advise clients on broker provided services, system functionality, SEC requirements, and reporting capability
- Lead total cash compensation studies for a variety of public and private sector clients
- Lead the development of base pay and incentive compensation program design
- Lead M&A; integration projects focusing on program and job harmonization
- Model financial impact of compensation plans in support of compensation plan analysis and design
- Lead compensation function process definition and organization structure design projects
- Prepare client reports including exhibits and summaries
- Lead significant portions of large client projects and work streams
- Manage mid-sized projects with minimal direction
- Participate in broader ARA projects including performance management, employee benefits, retirement, healthcare, performance optimization, cash/non-cash reward and recognition
- Participate in marketing initiatives including developing and writing project approaches to respond to client engagement proposals
- Research and prepare speeches for internal and external presentation
- Contribute to intellectual eminence and the development of firm viewpoints on a variety of total rewards topics
The Workforce Transformation practice delivers solutions to help our clients transform their workforces and workplaces for business success in this era of technology disruption. We deliver solutions to enable our clients’ success in creating the very best workforce to achieve their business aspirations - providing end-to-end workforce lifecycle solutions.
Workforce Transformation supports our clients by:
- Imagining and transforming the composition and capabilities of the workforce to match the needs of the future of work in this age of technology disruption
- Delivering end-to-end transformations of workforce programs, services and processes to identify, build and incent to drive success of organizations and their workforces
- Delivering solutions within each workforce domain: Branding & Acquisition; Rewards & Well-being; Performance, Learning & Career Mobility; Leadership & Teaming; Diversity & Inclusion
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 years of experience in compensation in the public or private sector or a compensation consulting background
- 6+ years experience with Equity program administration including issuance, maintenance, and transaction processing of Stock Options, Restricted shares, or similar equity types
- Experience with global equity withholding and mobility (global and domestic) tax challenges and solutions
- Strong knowledge of compensation surveys, custom survey design and statistical analysis, incentive plan design and analysis, job evaluation methodologies and pay structure analysis and design
- Strong critical thinking and technical skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and follow through
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to lead and direct staff
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Willingness to travel at least 50%
- 4+ years of experience in a compensation consulting or professional services firm in a client service capacity
- 6+ years of experience with broad base pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) Administration experience
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) preferred
- Experience managing mid-to-large sized teams
- Ability to travel up to 80%
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html