Help Scout is an all-in-one customer service platform that enables more than 10,000 businesses in 140+ countries to convert, support, and delight their customers.
Our customers are mostly small to midsize businesses of 3 to 300+ employees. Software and eCommerce companies represent about 60% of our customers, but the platform is a great fit for any vertical that’s engaging with their customers online.
Our team of 100+ works remotely from more than 75 cities globally — we’ve always seen optimizing for talent and work-life harmony as a competitive advantage.
At Help Scout, our sales philosophy is centered around customer success. Our sales team serves as a trusted advisor for prospects and customers — listening to their needs, clearly explaining what’s possible, and leading training/on-boarding efforts to make sure everyone is successful in the long run.
As the first Sales Coach (coach is what we call our managers) your main responsibility will be to empower our current Account Executives to achieve ambitious goals. You’ll also build upon our processes already in place in order to serve the business without sacrificing a memorable customer experience.The Role
- You’ll proactively seek opportunities to provide support, guidance, and training to your team of 4-6 Account Executives.
- You’ll help your team improve their sales tactics by aligning them with their individual and team sales goals. With continuous improvement in mind, you will implement a system of processes that will impact your team’s overall productivity and efficiency.
- You will organize and lead monthly team meetings with a focus on key opportunities and areas for improvement. You will use your time with the team to foster a positive, thoughtful, and winning culture that thrives on teamwork, healthy competition, and strong commitment to accountability.
- You’ll document your team’s weekly performance and forecasting and will report these findings to your team. You will also share pertinent information around the development and iteration of the Go-to-Market strategy with members of the Leadership Team.
- You’ll partner with People Ops to proactively source and hire the best talent, placing high priority on diversity & inclusion as a requirement to building a high performing and motivated team.
- You will define, implement, and improve our sales tactics to be more metrics-driven and goal-oriented. You will help ensure the team has clarity around their goals and KPIs by actively working with them to understand areas for improvement and connecting the dots between operational metrics and long-term performance.
- You will provide input, feedback, and ideas to influence product priorities and marketing campaigns.
- You’ve successfully managed an inside sales team in a SaaS environment, ideally focused on SMB & Mid-market ($3-20K ACV).
- You are passionate about a consultative sales approach and have a demonstrable history of coaching sales teams throughout that process, but you also understand when to apply a more transactional approach.
- You make data driven decisions. You have experience tracking funnel metrics, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing strategies to improve those metrics.
- You are a master communicator who is well-versed in active listening. You use these skills to help you excel in your own role but also to lead by example, creating a team of strong communicators.
- You have excellent organization and time management skills and thrive in high growth and evolving environments.
- You love processes but operate with enough flexibility to know when a process needs to evolve. This is a key trait we're looking for as we want somebody who is ready to help us evolve & grow and not just manage existing processes.
- Tim Thyne - runs Sales and you’ll report to him directly. You’ll partner with Tim to drive growth and identify qualified opportunities.
- Eli Overbey - is a member of our marketing team and plays a lead role in managing our business reporting infrastructure. He’ll be a partner in helping ensure you have the data and insights available to manage your team.
- Chris Kiser - is building and leads our Account Management team. You’ll work with him closely to collaborate on insights and themes, ensure they’re communicated out properly and ensure our customers have a seamless transition between dedicated points of contact.
Competitive salary - Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical - After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Great tools - Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and display (or equivalent equipment of choice). We’ll also purchase any additional software or hardware you need.
Home office stipend - Every new hire gets $1,500 USD to furnish their home office, and up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 110 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 10,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
We're remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a "remote first" company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we're dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that's just the start. Here’s our 2019 report.
We're committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It's not a cost to be optimized, it's their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.
We're leaving the world better than we found it. Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good? Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
fair pay, recognition,
respect and yoga pants.
fair pay, recognition,
respect and yoga pants.
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.
We're a community of women leveraging our connections into top companies to help underrepresented women get the roles they've always deserved. Simultaneously, we work to build truly inclusive hiring processes and environments where women can thrive and not just survive.
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team